“Great homemade Italian food!”
Review of Lisa & Bob's Citta di Militello - CLOSED

Lisa & Bob's Citta di Militello
Price range: US$0 - US$19
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Takeout
Description: A relaxing and friendly Italian cafe, where food equals life, happiness, friendship and a glass of wine. Where a restaurant can be a meeting place as well as somewhere to satisfy your palate. Lisa and Bob welcome you to our 47 seat restaurant with an seasonal outdoor patio. We are proud of our delicious, fresh food.Our Sicilian Sauce and Marinara, in our opinion, is the best you well get in a restaurant anywhere. NO DEEP FRYERS OR MICROWAVES IN OUR KITCHEN, insure fresh delicious meals cooked like you do at home and all at reasonable prices.
Reviewed 2 May 2013 via mobile

Some of the best sauce I've had. Homemade meatballs and sausage were so tasty. I think they could up grade their wine selections bit that certainly wouldn't keep me from going back. There were several people there that were locals and known by name by the Waitress

Reviewed 21 December 2012

I have been to jazz musician (and spouse Lisa's) Citta di Militello twice this year, both with groups wtho were celebrating occasions. Last week, i cam home to Buffalo to celebrate a milestone birthday, and organized my birthday dinner there. Our group had a great time. Service was thoughtful, professional, and efficient, and the food was terrific. Most of the people at the dinner were dining there for the first time. The experience will bring them back. It's a great location and a very pretty setting.

Reviewed 20 October 2012

Had reservations at this restaurant; first time for me and my husband. Upon arrival was told "someone" would be right with us. After 5 minutes another couple entered the restaurant without reservations and the hostess was ready to seat them until my husband told her we had reservations and were still waiting. After another 5 minutes another waitress came over and told the couple without reservations that their table was ready; they were nice enough to say that we were there first. We finally got seated and at least 15 minutes later....nothing. No water, no bread, no acknowledgement, no asking us if we wanted anything to drink. A waitress (one of two besides the female owner who was also waiting tables) whizzed past our table and told us someone would be with us "shortly". Five to ten minutes later....nothing. We got up to leave and when we got to the door one of the waitresses told us she was coming right over. I think 20-25 minutes of waiting to be acknowledged is unacceptable. To add insult to injury while waiting I noticed one of the waitresses picking something out of a water glass prior to serving it to some unsuspecting person. Hmmmm...why not just pour a new glass of water? And lastly....don't even think about taking your child there and asking for a highchair unless you want the highchair retrieved from the ladies restroom! I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy!

The good news is we ended up at the Clarence Hollow restaurant, first time and had a exceptional dining experience with delicious food and friendly service!

1  Thank Denise W
Bobby M, Owner at Lisa & Bob's Citta di Militello, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2012

I would like to respond to the review placed on October 19th by an unhappy couple attending my restaurant.
My name is Bobby Militello. I am the owner of Militello's Restaurant.

I am very sorry for your experience in my restaurant.
There is no excuse for what happened to you.

We were very busy that night and, because a kitchen person called off, I was in the kitchen doing dishes and prep work, along with assisting in getting the food out. As such, I was not on the floor where I usually am.

As for the server reaching into a glass of water, SHAME ON HER. Sometimes the pits come out of the lemons that we put in the water on request. They are supposed to use a spoon to remove.

Again, I only have an apology for your experience at my restaurant. You will see, if you check us out further that we have fairly high ratings in both food quality and service and consistently try to satisfy our customers as much as we possibly can.

Lisa and I are proud of our food and our restaurant.
Anyone can have a bad day or make a mistake, and there is no question in your case, we did.

As for the high chair in the ladies bathroom, you are correct.
We have very little storage room and that is where we keep it. If you looked at it you would see it was very clean and not near the sink or the toilet. We have many families and children eat at our restaurant and have never had a person not be happy with our big chairs or booster chairs.

Again, on behalf of Lisa and myself, we sincerely apologize for your bad experience an hope, if you choose to accept our apology, that we will see you in the future to show you this is not the rule but an exception.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

Militello's, 760 Wehrle Dr. is a little off the track, but within a few blocks of Main and the NYS Thruway. Although we live 60 miles away, we stop as often as we can, about 7 times in last 2 years and bring folks with us. Sicilian cooking, we love their sauce on whatever. Our favorite dishes have been Ma's Braciole, SW Fish, Seafood de Mare, Lisa's Beet Salad, Olive Salad, Scallops (large and done perfectly) with Spinach. Every time we go we order Caponatina(cured eggplant and onion salad) the best Margaret Furino Golden has ever had and that's saying a lot.
Lisa's Casava Cake is delicious and enough for four. Chianti by the glass is fine.
Many Friday evenings, Bobby Militello(who's toured with Dave Brubeck for 20+ years and many other greats) magnificent on the reeds and Bobby Jones, an excellent pianist, who toured with Sammy Davis, starting when he was eleven and written an opera for the Cincinnati Orchestra, entertain with good local sidemen. Only $10. cover charge.
Lisa and often Bobby are superior hosts and the service is very good.