US$189
US$199
US$169
Westin.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$196/night.

US$191
US$144
US$179
US$289
  • Room Service
All reviewsjunior suiteart decofull kitchenstainless steel appliancesdowntown buffalocontinental breakfastvalet parkingbeautiful hotelgreat bedhigh ceilingsreception deskhistoric buildingwedding receptionwedding guestslobby arealiving roomthird floor
Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

Stayed a couple of nights with 5 others in the 2 bedroom 2 bathroom suite. We were in town for a wedding which was also held here. Loved having a full sized kitchen complete with stove, microwave, full refrigerator, dish washer. Had to call the front desk for forks, spoons & knives but that came up in no time. Beds were clean and super comfy. Bathrooms were well equipped with more than enough toiletries/towels/face cloths and the shower pressure was good! The front desk staff were friendly and efficient, checked in within 5 minutes. We were lucky to have found street parking for free right across the hotel. Apparently street parking is free after 5pm and on weekends (awesome!). We had the breakfast both mornings and it was pretty decent and filling! One negative to breakfast was the poorly lit dining room. Luckily it wasn't too busy and we were able to get tables by the windows. The building itself is spectacular and I found the lobby to be pretty cozy and beautiful. The wedding was held in the Greenhouse room and it was also very charming. Loved that the wedding had access to the patio with pretty overhead lights. All in all, unforgettable weekend here at Hotel Lafayette, I highly recommend.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank jessmali
Reviewed 29 April 2017

House rules: no jumping on the beds, no marking the walls with graffiti and no overflowing the bathtub. It's a great place to stay with a group. The full bar is large and inviting and includes really good free popcorn, there's a free continental breakfast in the morning, a great game room and plenty of large meeting rooms.
We stayed in a Junior Suite. Two levels, a king size bed, faux fireplace, large couch and small desk. Coffee maker included, but no refrigerator. Two large, flat screen t.v.s. The tub room is a combination of tub and shower in a glass enclosure. Kind of funky. Very little counter space in the bathroom.
The bed is really, really soft. Good if you like sleeping on a marshmallow. The decor is art deco-ish. The HVAC is quiet and effective (but the huge vent is located directly over the bed).
All the staff is friendly and accommodating.
Parking is $20 to valet or, if you can find it, free on the street.
Glad we stayed here. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: There's not much to look at outside so no view really. I always request to be further away from the elevator just for quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2017

We stayed here for one night, in town to see a concert at the Keybank Centre (fyi: no Uber in Buffalo! But the cab ride to the venue was only $8 and we were feeling good after a few beers at the show, so we didn't mind the short walk back after the concert!).

The front desk staff was friendly and the building is really nice! I love old buildings and we were amazed at how wide the hallways, elevators and rooms were! Our room had a king sized bed and a spacious bathroom. The shower was separate from the tub which I thought was unique for a hotel, and I quite liked it. The bed was comfy, the room was clean, and there's a local restaurant (Partners) that will deliver delicious greasy food until 4am - win!

I would definitely stay again and I'm so glad I went outside the usual hotel chains (sorry Marriott, but $400 for one night is a bit steep!) and found this gem downtown.

I should note the room included complimentary breakfast but we slept in and missed it. Next time!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2017

We were hear for an event. While the room we were in was beautiful, the food was absolutely disgusting! First I order a glass of wine from the bar (which was in a different room than the dinner) and it came in a dirty glass. The buffet style food was served with rolls that were hard, a soupy mac and cheese that disgusting, meatloaf that looked like it came from an elementary school cafeteria and dry, dry, dry chicken. I will say the veggies were good as well as the Ceasar salad. The dessert, cupcakes, were set out in the bar area and looked as if they were picked up at Tops before the event. Being our first time here I was STUNNED that such a beautiful and upscale venue would have such awful food. Our table went out to eat at a local bar after the event was over because we were starving.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lovely321
Reviewed 22 April 2017

Probably expected too much. The place is very nice but I thought the room floor plan was not thought out right. Way too much space in the bathroom and not enough in the living area. Who needs a raised bathtub that takes up over half of the bathroom? Parking is another story, but I expect that is typical for the area. The location is very nice if you are a walker and like to explore.

Stayed: May 2016