US$135
  • Pool
US$143
US$127
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$143/night.

US$251
US$259
US$229
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
All reviewsjunior suiteart decofull kitchenstainless steel appliancesdowntown buffalocontinental breakfastcraft beervalet parkingbeautiful hotelgreat bedhigh ceilingsreception deskhistoric buildingwedding receptionwedding guestslobby arealiving room
Reviewed 15 August 2017

The staff was quite pleasant, and we liked our room. The public spaces were interesting bit the pop music from the 50s and 60s didn't lend to the ambiance. Do take the time to read the inforrmation on Mrs. Bethune (the architect).

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 15 August 2017

I stayed at this hotel as I was a guest at a wedding being held there. I was very disappointed with the junior suite especially for the $280.00 per night price tag. Aside from the fact that they tried to decorate this 1904 hotel in modern décor, renovation consisted of painting over old woodwork paint drips and plaster cracks. The unused transoms were painted over hinges latches and all. The shelves were pulling away from the wall and items were sliding off. The mattress was lumpy old and uncomfortable. I didn't sleep through the night either night I was there. There was a pile of feathers in the corner that looked like something killed a pigeon in the room. If housekeeping ignored that I have to wonder how well they actually cleaned. The fitness center consisted of one old rusty home style treadmill in the basement. I shared the elevator with wait staff delivering food to a banquet on a kitchen trolley that was filthy with dried food and kitchen grease. If that is what they send into the room for guests to see I don't want to know what the kitchen where guests don't go looks like. Smoking guests standing outside the front doors filled the lobby with cigarette smoke. It was convenient to stay in the same hotel as the reception but I would rather stay at another hotel and pay for transportation than stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Michael C
Reviewed 31 July 2017

My husband and I stayed here for only one night and it was not nearly long enough. My sister had her wedding at the hotel, and since we had to wait a while for our room, we were given a complimentary upgrade to a one-bedroom suite that was about twice the size of my NYC apartment. There was a sunken living room, floor to ceiling windows, a few steps up to the bedroom and enormous bathroom with soaking tub and separate shower, with a double sided fireplace to top it off. Needless to say, I was impressed. The service at the hotel is also top notch. I hope to stay here again in the future to continue living out la dolce vita fantasies. This is a phenomenal hotel for Buffalo, and it lives up to high standards all over the globe. Bravo.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Steve W, General Manager at Hotel at the Lafayette a Trademark Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Thank you for the excellent review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay! The Hotel Lafayette prides itself on providing a world-class experience to all of our guests, and we are especially proud to be leading Buffalo's resurgence. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon!

Reviewed 30 July 2017

I SO wish I could rate this hotel spectacularly - so much of it is awesome. Incredible history, generously-sized rooms (we particularly appreciated the upgrade), excellent location, many welcoming and helpful staff. Thu night was wonderful, Fri morning breakfast simple but satisfying, with fabulous woman (works Mon-Fri) running the buffet, kept tables in good shape. Friday night was terrible - wedding guests were loud in halls and adjacent rooms until 4:30am, and Sat morning breakfast was a mess. Food ran out for people arriving after us (but within time frame), so many tables less unbussed. Front desk staff were kind to cover our parking and offer bit of reduction to account for our lack of sleep, but it unfortunately affected our day and we were too tired to take in some of the attractions we'd planned.

Room Tip: Perhaps request away from elevator?
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2017

Stayed at the Hotel @ The Lafayette overnight with a friend to explore the area. The hotel is gorgeous. Very modern with much of its history preserved. We had a junior suite with a king bed. The room had beautiful furnishings and the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on. The separate seating area was spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was huge with separate toilet/shower area. The only two small quirks were the odd window between the bedroom and bathroom - I still have no idea what the idea behind that is - and the room had no mini fridge. The continental breakfast was good, typical of any hotel. The staff members were so helpful and never made us feel a bother. The weekend we were there two different wedding parties were in the hotel. But the noise was minimal. I would 100% recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area - short walk to Canalside and many other local attractions. I felt safe and had a very pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Parking is free in Buffalo on Saturday and Sunday! The valet cost $20.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends