All reviews junior suite art deco full kitchen stainless steel appliances downtown buffalo continental breakfast craft beer valet parking rooms are beautiful great bed high ceilings reception desk wedding reception historic building amazing hotel lobby area living room
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

We were in Buffalo for a concert at the KeyBank Center. I chose this hotel for its location and it was perfect. Just a short walk. The hotel itself is great. Very charming. The junior suite was very nice and comfortable. The bed and pillows were also good. The continental breakfast was great with hot and cold items. All the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. Brittney, at the front desk, deserves a raise! She was so friendly and helpful. She is everything you hope a person in the service industry should be. She made our stay just that much more pleasant. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2017

Extremely nice staff. Easy check-in/check-out. Beautiful room. There is a coffee shop and restaurant located within the hotel. The continental breakfast was soo good! There was an assortment of bagels, yogurt, fruit, scrambled eggs, bacon, home fries (potatoes), and juices/coffee/water. They offer valet parking but if you're looking for an alternative a parking garage is located one block away.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2017

The staff was quite pleasant, and we liked our room. The public spaces were interesting bit the pop music from the 50s and 60s didn't lend to the ambiance. Do take the time to read the inforrmation on Mrs. Bethune (the architect).

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 15 August 2017

I stayed at this hotel as I was a guest at a wedding being held there. I was very disappointed with the junior suite especially for the $280.00 per night price tag. Aside from the fact that they tried to decorate this 1904 hotel in modern décor, renovation consisted of painting over old woodwork paint drips and plaster cracks. The unused transoms were painted over hinges latches and all. The shelves were pulling away from the wall and items were sliding off. The mattress was lumpy old and uncomfortable. I didn't sleep through the night either night I was there. There was a pile of feathers in the corner that looked like something killed a pigeon in the room. If housekeeping ignored that I have to wonder how well they actually cleaned. The fitness center consisted of one old rusty home style treadmill in the basement. I shared the elevator with wait staff delivering food to a banquet on a kitchen trolley that was filthy with dried food and kitchen grease. If that is what they send into the room for guests to see I don't want to know what the kitchen where guests don't go looks like. Smoking guests standing outside the front doors filled the lobby with cigarette smoke. It was convenient to stay in the same hotel as the reception but I would rather stay at another hotel and pay for transportation than stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Michael C
Reviewed 31 July 2017

My husband and I stayed here for only one night and it was not nearly long enough. My sister had her wedding at the hotel, and since we had to wait a while for our room, we were given a complimentary upgrade to a one-bedroom suite that was about twice the size of my NYC apartment. There was a sunken living room, floor to ceiling windows, a few steps up to the bedroom and enormous bathroom with soaking tub and separate shower, with a double sided fireplace to top it off. Needless to say, I was impressed. The service at the hotel is also top notch. I hope to stay here again in the future to continue living out la dolce vita fantasies. This is a phenomenal hotel for Buffalo, and it lives up to high standards all over the globe. Bravo.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Steve W, General Manager at Hotel at the Lafayette a Trademark Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Thank you for the excellent review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay! The Hotel Lafayette prides itself on providing a world-class experience to all of our guests, and we are especially proud to be leading Buffalo's resurgence. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon!