“Always a great lunch”

Athens Family Restaurant
Ranked #200 of 1,184 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: Greek, Steakhouse
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Stopped here several times for lunch and it’s always a great meal. We truly enjoy the daily specials. The fish sandwich is de-lush! Large tender, perfectly fried haddock on a fresh roll accompanied by a nice portion of cole slaw and crispy fries! Yummy! The clam chowder is so thick and full of clams. The corned beef daily special was perfectly prepared and quite satisfying. The sandwiches are plentiful and expertly crafted.
We never gad a bad meal here and always take leftovers home with us. Highly recommend!
Plus, a big plus, the service is friendly, professional and efficient.

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

I ordered breakfast and a coffee ! Thanks drank half the coffee and the cup was dirty ! Told the waitress she said it was because it was sitting there it left a ring in the middle of the cup even the hot coffee couldn't remove the ring and she walked away and didn't take it off the bill!! I'll never go there again !! A good waitress would look in the cup before serving the cup right!!!!

Reviewed 6 March 2018

I absolutely love this restaurant. The food is always good and the service is satisfactory. The friendly staff makes one feel welcome.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

My husband and I had breakfast. Typical breakfast menu: various egg, meat, toast, pancake etc. The service was excellent. Our waitress was friendly and professional. The coffee was good. Our eggs arrived hot (we hate lukewarm food). Their home fries are homemade and delicious. You have the option of onions. My husband's breakfast included French toast. They were 2 huge pieces and he said was very good.

The restaurant itself is clean and very cheerful. By that I mean it has good lighting. It's bright, not dark. So it sets a warm comfortable tone as you walk in. Also, the hostess,cashier was friendly too. Based on our breakfast experience, I'm sure the rest of the meals are good too. Oh, even the food presentation was great. Our eggs were served on square dishes with the foo d precisely arranged. Not haphazard thrown on the plate.

My husband and I highly recommend the Athens Restaurant.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I have been to Athens many times and have taken family and friends and every meal has been really good. I particularly like their breakfasts. One big plus if you like grits which I do is that they have them there. The food is really good the service is really good and the prices are reasonable.

Been to Athens Family Restaurant? Share your experiences!