“When you want a grill cheese with something special this is the place”

Buffalo Melting Point
Ranked #194 of 1,123 Restaurants in Buffalo
Reviewed 14 September 2017

The food is extremely cheap for what you get. The same sandwiches would cost double at other places. The quality and amount of ingredients inside the sandwiches is not lacking. The sandwiches are made to order when you order. There is not a bad selection on the menu.

Reviewed 8 July 2017

Was dying to try a restaurant that only serves grilled cheese and it didn’t disappoint. I was a purist and did a three cheese sandwich (cheddar, smoked gouda and provolone) and it was delicious. My husband felt it was a bit “over toasted” for his liking but I thought it was perfect. Our friends were a bit more adventurous and got some unique sandwiches. I tried my friend’s pickled beet and goat cheese sandwich and it was heavenly. Definitely want to return and make my way through the menu.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

On Tuesdays they have the special of a chicken biscuit sandwich (see pictures) It was around $8 something with tax. It was delicious for being made at a grilled cheese place. It's fried chicken, spicy slaw, pickles and cheddar biscuit. Its nothing like you get down south but it does come pretty close if you are craving it. My only thing is that I wish there was more biscuit- as they were kinda thin. The fried chicken was crispy and juicy...he made it right as I ordered so it was fresh.

The man who served me was so nice and friendly. And excellent service, I don't think I waited more than 10 minutes for it...he even brought it to me and then offered to take my plate as I was leaving. There is tables you can sit at and some outside seating. It's a small little restaurant but somewhere you can causally go and not have to really wait. Since this is in Allentown, parking can be hard to find. Mostly you will find no meter parking on the side street where there is housing.

Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

Our 2nd time here and better than ever. Each unique cheese sandwich is better than the next. Something for everyone. My husband had the corned beef grilled cheese, loaded with meat. I had the #72: eggplant, sun dried tomatoes, ricotta cheese and spinach!! Yes as great as it sounds. The homemade soups are wonderful too. Fun little spot in Allentown. Check it out, sit at the window bar and people watch!

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

We were hungry and cold... so where to go? Buffalo melting point for a decadent grilled cheese delight and a sweet and savory hot cup of tomato soup of course! What did I order? NO. 42- The smoked gouda and cheddar with thick house cut bacon, fresh tomato and baby spinach grilled cheese sandwich! Mouthwatering deliciousness oozed from the buttery crust of this monstrous sandwich. It was divine. Service was pleasant and boy, grilled cheese isn't complete with a nice cup of hot tomato soup and an old fashioned Coca-Cola. Hit the spot! My friends and I will be back and we cannot wait! Until next time...