“Absolutely perfect!”

Bacchus Wine Bar & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bacchus Wine Bar & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 1,117 Restaurants in Buffalo
Price range: US$8 - US$38
Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Franklin
Description: Bacchus wine bar and restaurant is located in the historic Calumet building in the heart of Buffalo's entertainment district. A seasonal menu highlights the best available ingredients from local and regional farms. Together with our Wine Spectator award winning wine list, this elegant yet casual restaurant has continually been ranked as one of Buffalo's best
Reviewed 14 June 2018

My husband and I were in Buffalo to celebrate our anniversary and made reservations at Bacchus. From our entry through dessert, everything was perfect. The young man who seated us was very friendly and congratulated us upon our arrival. The decor is refined and welcoming. The person who took our order and made suggestions, Debbie, was one of the best waitresses we've ever had...anywhere. She mentioned the scallop small plate dish that was being featured that night. We shared the dish which was exquisite....have never had scallops that were so amazing. The combination of flavors Chef Mietus used was wonderful. My husband ordered the Bouillabasse, which he loved; and I had the filet....cooked perfectly and served with a Pancetta Demi Glaze....mouthwatering. The young man who kept our water glasses full did so without drawing attention to himself. And Debbie brought us a complimentary dessert to have with our coffee...in celebration of our anniversary. We may decide to make this an annual excursion. If you haven't been there, you're definitely in for a treat!

Reviewed 8 June 2018

We were warmly greeted when we arrived, then enjoyed attentive service throughout the evening. The food was very, very good and the serving sizes just perfect. We shared shrimp and calamari, which was a perfect app to share. My husband had swordfish which was much lighter than we imagined....and excellent! I had salmon and it was terrific - the pecan coating was very special. Finally we enjoyed french press coffee and dessert: sticky toffee pudding and creme brulee. My only criticism would be the music - basically you could only hear a droning of base and percussion. It became a little annoying after a while. Otherwise - it was perfect.

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

We were looking to try some place new for a special anniversary. Decided on Bacchus based on trip advisor reviews. Good decision on our part.
As we had had booked the reservation on open table, they knew ahead of time it was our anniversary. We were pleasantly surprised to get complimentary glasses of champagne to start off the night - a very nice touch,
My wife ordered the fillet; I had the rack of lamb special. We both thought they were among the best we have had; good flavor, cooked exactly to order.
The service was great. Very attentive, good pacing between courses, knowledgeable about the menu and the wine selections. We both noticed that the servers also helped each other out with clearing tables, serving the meals, etc - done very seamlessly.
All in all, a great night.

Reviewed 9 May 2018

Recently a group of friends and colleagues of mine had a wonderful dinner at Bacchus. This restaurant is highly recommended for the wine selection alone, not to mention the amazing food. I had the scallops appetizer and the halibut for dinner. All were very flavorful (more than most restaurants) and cooked to perfection. 3 out of 6 of the diners said it was the best meal that had ever eaten. Service was excellent and prompt. The desserts were amazing. And oh yes, the wine parings second to none. The only downside was that the washrooms could have been cleaner.. but not a deal breaker. Definitely worth a second visit!

Reviewed 23 April 2018

I have visited Bacchus a number of times. Sometimes just for drinks and small plates and other times for dinner. They have a classics movie night during the summer and it is very quaint. It is set up outside and I believe always on a Tuesday night. My husband and I went with a bunch of friends and it made for an excellent night! The food is outstanding! Everything that we have tried is great!