“Everything was so fresh and flavorful”
Review of Papaya

Papaya
Ranked #57 of 1,123 Restaurants in Buffalo
Price range: US$20 - US$45
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 December 2016

Enjoyed a fantastic meal last night at Papaya. Another ladies night out and was my pick. I had heard about this restaurant from a cousin and it is one of her favorite restaurants. We just happened to be there on a Thursday which is a drink and appetizer special night. The atmosphere was warm and inviting and from where we sat you could see into the kitchen which looked clean and organized. Our waitress was extremely knowledgeable about the menu which was good because I have food allergies and one of my friends is a vegetarian with gluten issues. She was extremely pleased with the variety of the menu and was thrilled to have so many things that fit her diet. She said she would be bringing her vegetarian son back there while he is home on college break. Now for the food.. Oh my god.. the sushi was yummy.. the papaya wings that I had were just fantastic and my entree which was a rice noodle and pork special was delicious. The portions were quite hearty and I just finished my leftovers for lunch. : D I would recommend this restaurant to anyone that likes asian/thai/fusion food or would like to try it. All of my friends commented on how much they enjoyed the evening and I am sure we will return! Thank you Papaya for such a delicious meal!

1  Thank buffan37

Reviewed 25 October 2016

went with son & hubby - it was restaurant week but they fit the three of us in without reservations. I had the $20.16 meal (chicken pot stickers, chicken pad thai & a deep fried banana roll with vanilla ice cream & caramel sauce). Hubby had yellow curry and pumpkin spice creme brulle and son had the spicy lemongrass seafood medley and coffee gelato with a hard chocolate shell. Everything was fresh, tasty and lovely. We could not stop talking about it the evening when we meet up with friends for drinks. Would totally recommend going here.

1  Thank Christine P
Reviewed 24 September 2016

I enjoyed the food and the service and especially how down-to-earth the staff was... In other words, this isn't one of those places where they act like they are doing you a favor sitting you at one of their tables :-)

Some of the sushi items have a bit of a twist or novelty to them, and the rest of the menu seems to follow suit. For example, the Papaya roll has sundried tomatoes among its ingredients. It was very tasty! I had the Spicy lemongrass seafood entree which was tasty and perfectly cooked seafood. I was also pleased to have a Southern Tier IPA on draft ... it's very yummy.

1  Thank Rene B
Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

Big place, good vibe. Husband ordered the Pad See Iwe, and I the Butterfish. Both of us enjoyed our meals very much, both are very recommended (butterfish is perfection). Go for the Martini cocktails! Service was great, too. Central location and prices are quite reasonable.

Reviewed 18 September 2016

Recently I took a job as teacher at a High School on Chippewa one block from Papaya. Considering some of our constituents at my new post nearby I was happy to find the patio serene, within eyeshot (and also of some of Buffalo's other fine downtown architecture), the food served easily within my time allotted for travel between 2 locales and absolutely delicious and wholesome. A simple spicy Thai chicken salad (an incredible 20+ breast medallions, pineapple, cucumber which must have come from a farm that morning, lettuce, steamed bao-bao bread) that just spoke volumes about what the rest of the world-class food must be like here - plus a great server - even made me pleased about my diet!

Been to Papaya? Share your experiences!