“A little Louisiana in Buffalo”
Review of Toutant

Toutant
Reserve with OpenTable
Toutant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 1,182 Restaurants in Buffalo
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Description: Toutant**(pronounced too-tawnt) offers contemporary country cuisine and libations, served in a comfortable, casual setting. Focusing on high-quality, seasonal ingredients, Roberts’ Southern Louisiana roots and dedication to New York’s farming community provides Buffalo diners with access to modern, fresh cuisine influenced by the American South.
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is amazing!!!! Great atmosphere, good vibe! Food is amazing and everyone is very friendly!

Reviewed 22 May 2018

Even though this place is like 3 stories tall, definitely make sure you have a reservation if you're planning on dining here on a Saturday night. Luckily I had made one a few weeks ahead of time, because when we arrive the place was bustling! We were seated quickly.

A great cocktail menu and a nice, short but broad menu. We ordered the Maw Maw Gumbo, Shrimp Po Boy (note, heavy on the onions, DO NOT ORDER ON A DATE) and the fried chicken. This turned out to be far too much for us two Canadian girls, and we had to take home almost all of the fried chicken and a biscuit. It made a great breakfast the next morning.

The service was good, but we were the biggest fan of our "server assistant". Still not sure what that means, but she was awesome!

Reviewed 25 April 2018

My wife and I had dinner last night at Toutant with 2 other couples. Everyone was very happy with our starters and main courses. I had the jambalaya and it was very good. Lots of gluten free choices and kudos for stocking a great gluten free beer (so much better than cider!!!!!)

Reviewed 23 April 2018

My husband and I visited once last year for his birthday on a friend's recommendation. It is very nice inside. We ordered the oysters as an appetizer and they were very good! It was the first time I had oysters so, I wouldn't have been able to compare them to anything at the time but I have had them a few times since then. The jambalaya and hush puppies were very good as well.

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

I was looking forward to trying various items from the menu. Some were good some were pretty bad. I will say the restaurant is very cool, love the exposed brick and ambiance. Servers and hostess were very nice and attentive. I was very disappointed with the corn bread skillet, not flavorful at all, hush puppies were very salted and plain, the shrimp from the pou boy sandwich was lacking flavor as well. I did however loved their sweet potato yams, buttermilk biscuit and seasonal salad. I do plan to go back and give it another shot and try their jambalaya.