“Excellent”

Gigi's Restaurant
Ranked #494 of 1,064 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 21 February 2014

The Staff, Food & Desserts are excellent, especially the pies & banana pudding to die for. Would highly recommend trying this establishment. The corn bread was the best I ever had as was the sweet potato pie. Will definitely go there again.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Words cannot explain how amazing this restaurant is. As soon as I walked through the door, I was greeted with a warm welcome. The service was superb! Food was nice and hot! The food was very well seasoned and the portions were large. I got the Haddock fish with mac & cheese with green beans and cornbread. This was the best fish I had in sooooo long. The side items were DELICIOUS!!! The cornbread was nice and moist, it literally melted in my mouth:). I will visit this restaurant again. Thanks again for the great service!!!

Reviewed 22 April 2013

Their mac & cheese is very good. I've only had take out here - so I can't speak to the ambiance. But I've loved everything I have tried! Not too far from Elmwood, Allentown, or Downtown sights (City Hall or riverfront) - so you could make a day of it.

Reviewed 27 March 2013

GiGi's is flat-out wonderful. The only reason we don't go there more is that Polly (Mrs. CG) fears they serve "too much food"... Doug (The Cheap Gourmet) hit the place in conjunction with a ballgame as the snow lifted and had an anxious moment at the counter when he couldn't seem to get served... After 10-12 minutes a waitress came up and asked, "You takin' care of?" There's been an order slip on the counter, and "I thought you'd been served." Things really sailed along after that, with spare ribs (beefy and juice), collards (that sort of spinach on steroids), rice, the world's finest yams and a slice of powerful corn bread, gritty and grainy... terrific place and probably no business of any sort is conducted on Buffalo's East Side without, first, a caucus at GiGi's... the bill for this repast was about $12, total, including coffee... no credit cards but an ATM on premisis...

Reviewed 13 September 2012

One of my favorite restaurants. Best homemade mac n' cheese around and I have never had such moist corn bread in my life. Peach Cobbler is A+. I'm a vegetarian and love all the side dishes. Perfect size portions too. Staff is always friendly. Taking friends there this Friday.