“While the kid is away, the parents will play”

Viking Lobster Company
Ranked #251 of 1,064 Restaurants in Buffalo
Price range: US$19 - US$59
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a VERY unique establishment Located in Black Rock, Buffalo. We specialize in fresh seafood (nothing frozen) Live lobsters , as well as Prime cuts .We are a Reservation & Cash ONLY establishment:No credit cards or checks are accepted) . We also have a unique Byob policy : No alcohol is served but feel free to bring a libation of choice (ID's are checked to ensure legal consumption of the alcohol.) When it comes to booking larger groups (8-15) there is a specific menu as well as limited space to accommodate these types of groups : A deposit is required to ensure responsibility for that table as well as ordering the proper amount of live product as well as scheduling staff accordingly. Because we are a cash only establishment the deposit ($100) needs to be dropped off at least 1 week to the reservation date.The deposit is taken off the bill at the end of your experience The Only reasons the deposit would not be returned : ~ Damage to our property as a result of rowdy behavior ~ The amount of guest that were initially reserved do not show up and there is no prior notice upon arrival OR there is an extended period of time between full arrival and time of reservation ( more than 45min.) We take great pride in what we serve as well as the customers experience , these policies are to ensure that everyone has a delicious meal and a great experience .
Reviewed 2 August 2015 via mobile

We started dinner with oysters rockefeller and clams casino, both were fresh shucked. the clams were whole with a tasty fresh made stuffing and are highly recommended as are the oysters, both were fantastic. For dinner my wife had lobster stuffed haddock and I had the monster pile which consisted.of 3- 1.25lb lobsters and roughly 1-1.5 lbs of snow crab legs, we both had a side.if smashed potatoes with bacon. Both entrees were served with soup and salad, my soup was gumbo and probably the only part of the meal I didn't like, the gumbo was not thick like I am used to it was more like a chicken rice soup with some sausage in it. But let's not dwell on that the rest of the meal was fantastic including ky salad with creamy clam dressing (dont knock til you try it) and we'll worth the price total bill 158.00 I would have paid double for what we had. We sat upstairs in a booth and our servers name was Vicki, she was fantastic & knew the menu very well. I would have liked to have seen the appetizers on the menu along with a description of each item, I understand that the reasons its not is to engage conversation between the wait staff and the customer but while she is running to the other 5 tables each with at least 4 customers it would have been nice to read a description in order to make a quicker decision. We will definitely be back.

1  Thank MikeFerraro

Reviewed 29 July 2015

Took my family for my wife's birthday. We had a great meal and time, the staff was very accomadating. The food was very good.

Reviewed 26 July 2015 via mobile

My friend's girlfriend picked this as a birthday dinner. Never heard of it and wish I never did.

Let me preface this review that will separate me from 99% of you. I am allergic to shellfish. By the way, the ribs were OK at best. Now onto everything else.

We got there on time for the reservation at 7:30. We were told they were short staffed. We didn't leave until 10:20. Strike one.

We were seated upstairs. The room had a tiny air conditioner and a tiny furnace. The air conditioner did not remotely cool the room in the middle of July. I bet the same is true about the furnace heating the room in February. Afternearly spending three hours in this warn place, you can bet we were all uncomfortable. Strike two.

With the fact I can't have seafood, the menu was one of two steaks or the ribs. The prices for the menu take into account that it included the salad soup bread and entre. OK that's fine, but the two soups had seafood... So I didn't get one. Also, the ribs are the cheapest thing on the menu and it was $20. My wife got the next cheapest thing which was the NY strip steak at $30. So let's count one steak one mediocre set of ribs, soup for one, salad and bread for $69 with tip and tax included. Fail. Strike three.

I was probably not going to come back anyway because it was seafood, but everything mentioned above made it a certainty.

4  Thank DanielB123456
jeff b, Manager at Viking Lobster Company, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2015

All that can be said about this review, is why go to a restaurant that specializes in seafood if you have allergies and we are not featuring cost as an attraction .

Reviewed 19 June 2015

We were celebrating our grandson's graduation and, knowing he loves lobster, decided to try Viking Lobster Company. Parking on street is no issue. We waited to be seated in a quite worn foyer and were pleasantly surprised with the nice seafaring themed dining room. There is another room upstairs.
The menu offers a variety of common seafood-lobster, of course, scallops, crab, haddock, shrimp, salmon and a few chicken and beef dishes. Our young man's girl wanted to try crab and the server said she couldn't do a steak and add crab to the entree. For the high prices, you'd think they'd be a bit flexible! Our server was very friendly, answered all questions, and suggested for $10 more we get the Largest dinner for two-and it was HUGE! It wasn't the best lobster I've had. The Crab was heavenly as were the shrimp and scallops. Our guests were happy and so were we! Our "doggie bag" was more that we could eat the next night for dinner!

Reviewed 17 June 2015 via mobile

The food was very good. It wasn't the best seafood I've ever had but it was good. I had the "paella" which is more of a jambalaya than a paella. But great flavor. My mom's fish fry was huge!

Cash only.