“Pretty Darn Tasty”
Review of Sato Ramen

Sato Ramen
Ranked #151 of 1,063 Restaurants in Buffalo
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Went here with my husband and a friend for dinner while visiting Buffalo and was very pleased with the meal. I will say the seating is limited so if you aren’t about making new friends and sharing a table with strangers, you might be less than please. Me, I don’t care either way as long as the food is good and it was super delicious. Personally, the servings were on the large side and ramen isn’t really a to go dish in my opinion but that’s just me being extra picky. The meal was reasonably priced and the matcha tea was out of this world.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Can only review the ramen, haven't had any rice bowls. Great taste, good portions, extremely casual seating (as a good thing!), and very friendly staff. You basically are right in front of the kitchen, so the workers keep a reasonable tone to their own conversations.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

I loved this little spot. The set up is a little unique as everyone sits down at one big table or along the front window. However, it was a really nice way to sit down and share a meal. The staff was super friendly and helpful as well. I'd only ever had ramen one time and going in I had a lot of questions. They were answered with patience and friendliness. My friend and I shared the gyoza dumplings. I had the spicy miso ramen with cashu chicken and he had the sato tonkotsu ramen. I loved my choice. It was full of flavor and very filling. I couldn't finish mine. My only gripe which is minor is that the dumplings were a little cold in the middle. They were delicious so I didn't complain but they of course would have been better if they were warmed through and through. Otherwise, it was an awesome meal and I would go again.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

This is a much needed addition to the UB south campus area. The food is great and the prices are reasonable. Fast service, fresh ingredients, and just a cool place. Lots of choices on the menu.

Reviewed 3 November 2016

Small funky ramen restaurant across from UB South Campus. Service friendly, warm, and knowledgeable. Very welcoming. The noodles are homemade but the broth is what will have you coming back for more. So many beautiful rich flavors. You can't go wrong with anything on the menu here. Just absolutely delicious. We've been to the Elmwood location which we liked a lot but the broth here is even better!! Beer and wine available.

Been to Sato Ramen? Share your experiences!