Adam's Mark Buffalo
Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Initially I was very disappointed in this hotel. We had requested early check-in due to a wedding at 2pm and we were traveling several hours (from WI in 2 days) to get there. It was requested on booking (Sept), I called 4 days before and also (per recommendation) the morning of our arrival (at 7:30am). That morning I was told that although they had been full the night before, they would be able to accommodate. So imagine when we got there at noon and were told they had no rooms. When I said that we had been told we could check in early she said that the person I talked to probably didn't know what they were talking about and maybe they could get us in around 1:30. After a little more of "we drove several hours and were promised a room at noon" she said she'd see what she could do. I admit - I did tell her that if we didn't get a room in time we may have to change in the lobby for the wedding.
HOWEVER..... It was all of 10 minutes before she called us back over and told us they had a room. Now... I doubt that they suddenly had one dirty room get cleaned immediately. I've done that job. But either way - they accommodated us - even if it took a little coercion so to speak - but that made it right in my book.
The room was fine. Yes - dated - there was paint peeling in some places and other signs of age - but it was clean and neat. That works for us. We spent some time in the bar after our wedding and the staff there were great. There were some extremely loud guests around 2 am right outside our room, but that's no fault of the hotel. At 8:30am, someone above us started playing music so loud it shook the walls. I did call the desk and they sent someone up right away to take care of it. Breakfast was not great. For $13.95 the quality of the buffet was less than we expected. Overall we were pleased with our stay though.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Mark-B B, General Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your comments and taking the time to post them. I actually want to say thank you to you as well for acknowledging that although the mistakes were made initially, at least in how it was handled, we were able to address it and make it right... and you are gracious to accept that and give that opinion to your fellow travelers. It also points out for us how we need to re-examine our internal communication to document those requests more clearly and advise ALL of associates who may speak with a guest about their reservation the proper and consistent information at each time. It is true that all early check-in requests are requests as we cannot promise that especially on a previous night that is very busy. However, we do try to accommodate our guests requests whenever we can. It seems we need a little improvement in how we handle the information internally to be better prepared for the guest on arrival. Thank you for sharing. We're also glad you enjoyed yourselves in our bar and overall.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,837)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked my room over the phone. I was looking either for a suite or two connecting rooms, because we are 2 adults and 3 teenagers. The hotel was pretty booked, so they had only 1 room available. I asked for 2 beds and a pull-out couch, which was agreed to. When I got there, the room had two beds but no couch. We asked for a rollaway, which they charged extra for. Disappointing! And crowded! At dinner, the service was so slow that we started wondering where our waitress disappeared to--we even got up and got our own drinks at the bar! The waitress did not even bat an eye when she finally showed up 10 minutes later with the first glasses of wine we ordered. (It should be noted that the restaurant was EMPTY when we were there). I would not recommend this hotel or restaurant!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Mark-B B, General Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

I'm sorry to read of your disappointing experience. We will absolutely follow up on the situations you described, particularly in the restaurant. With regard to the room type, we do not have any rooms or suites in the hotel that come with two beds and a pull-out couch. I'm not sure where/how the miscommunication took place and certainly am sorry that happened. We'll review with our associates to be sure they are describing the room type(s) accurately and confirm that our guests do understand before making their final choice. As our standard and predominant room type comes with two double beds, guests can request a rollaway bed at a very nominal extra charge. It sounds like it was a busy night and we may have had limited options to offer you to more comfortably accommodate the 2 adults and 3 teenagers. Thank you again for your stay and we hope that in the future, you may give us another try to see how your comments were used constructively in our continuous efforts to provide great hospitality.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Hotel is dated but still an overall nice place to stay. Rooms need an overhaul. Plumbing definitely has something to be desired of it. Michael in reservations is fantastic! Banquet staff are always friendly.
We ended up leaving the restaurant due to lack of service.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for writing your comments. We are glad to read of the areas that impressed you positively and appreciate the feedback on those areas that need our further attention. We do strive to provide great service and a positive stay experience all around and your comments will help us continue in that direction. Thank you for your visit.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

We have stayed here before for a quick trip to Buffalo. This hotel needs updating. Kind if disappointed with our stay this year. There is now a $10 fee for parking. Never was before. Guess that's why I got a cheaper rate. Also, coffee for $2.50! I know there are coffee makers in the room, but I like the coffee in the lobby better. Coffee should be free with overnight guests. Don't think I will stay there again. The front desk staff is always polite.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Mark-B B, General Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. It is disappointing to read that you have made a yearly visit and are now considering to not stay with us again. I'm puzzled a bit as there has always been a parking fee of $10 per day, which is considered quite nominal for a downtown hotel, and is in fact less than other hotels in the area. Perhaps your parking was included in a different rate you had or a "package deal" on previous stays. There are a lot of packages or special offers at any given time and please feel free to contact us again directly in our Reservations Department (or online) to see what might be out there for a future visit. If you don't find what you need, perhaps call us directly and we can make something work that is best for you. About coffee, the price of a cup of coffee has gone up a little in most restaurants, in hotels or free-standing, and we try to just keep in line with what is the average or norm for our region. However, I will take your comments under consideration. Thank you for noting our welcoming, polite front desk. We hope that you will choose us again and let us know if there is anything else we can do to make your next visit more enjoyable.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

My biggest complain is about the internet. It was random or not available. The location of the hotel made it tricky to walk across a busy highway in order to get to a few restaurants outside the hotel. There are several within walking distance. There was a lot of road noise due to the highway close by. The staff were very friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for your comments. We have invested in our internet access again recently and please know that we are doing everything we can to keep it more consistent and sufficient to meet the needs of all our guests. Unfortunately, we cannot change the location of the building and we take up a large "footprint", which does mean crossing some a busy intersection and it is close to the highway. However, there are crosswalks and signals to help with getting about on foot to the popular places nearby and many of our rooms are at the other end of our long guestroom tower and are quieter. We hope that if you visit us again, you can request a room that better suits your preferences and our welcoming staff will do their best to accommodate you! Thank you.