“Yummy”

Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Full service restaurant and bar with Harbor views and live entertainment on weekends.
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

Had a nice late lunch looking out over the water... The bisque was creamy and delicious as well as the clams chowder. Everything was fresh and tasty with an attentive wait staff.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

It's the first place my husband and I ate when we got to Newport. We thought the harbor view was nice with all the boats. Everything else was just okay. We tend to pick a couple of things from a menu and ask our wait person which one would they suggest. It's not a test. We just think they know better. The wait person always gives us their thoughts and we usually go with it. Here, our waiter basically said he didn't know. He never had the items. Alrighty then! So we ordered what we thought might be good but were disappointed. Definitely would not go back.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

The Hendricks gin and cucumber martini is large and perfectly made.
The view is great; even on a windy and rainy day.
I ordered the 1.25lb lobster special. The price seemed more than reasonable but I should have known: if it sounded too good to be true, it probably wasn't. It was okay as the lobster was dry and over cooked.
The service was good but I won't order the lobster special again.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

We had lunch with a great view of the harbor. The food was good and the prices were reasonable. However, we were disappointed with our waitress - considering it's a tourist driven area and we were clearly there to enjoy ourselves - she was very unpleasant and we felt quite rushed even though the place wasn't even half full. Had the service been more friendly, I would have given 5 stars and planned a second visit. There are too many great places to go to in Newport to waste my time there again.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

My husband and I stopped at the Port for dinner last night. We sat outside overlooking Newport harbor and saw the beautiful sunset. We started with fried calamari, which was very good, lightly breaded with mild peppers. I had to lobster mac and cheese with large pieces of lobster. It was very filling.y husband had the fisherman's platter with fried fish, shrimp and scallops, also delicious.
The entrance is rather odd, you go through the garage to the restaurant, but well worth a visit.