“Fresh, tasty Chinese food”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bamboo Chinese Cuisine
Ranked #135 of 257 Restaurants in Newport
Reviewed 6 May 2018

Preparation takes a little extra time at this spot since everything is made fresh -- not the usual Chinese where everything is made ahead and then just mixed in a wok when you order. Interesting turn on the fried rice -- they make it yellow, but it still tastes great. Service is efficient. Lots of seating, no frills (plastic implements unless you eat with chopsticks). We go for lunch a lot; makes sense to call ahead and order if you are on a tight timeline. Hot and sour soup really IS! Generous servings of meat dishes.

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

I ordered a bunch of stuffs from this place and it was ready in minutes. The attendant made sure I had everything I needed and even gave me more condiments when I asked. Not that it's a big deal but most Chinese restaurants can be crafty when it comes to handing out condiments. Their food was average but the portion was large. We enjoyed it overall and I will definitely recommend this place. If you're looking for a good hotel, then be sure to stay at Mainstay hotel right across the bridge. It's ok the highway and 2 mins drive to the plaza where this restaurant is located.

Reviewed 23 January 2017

We've had take-out from here at least a half dozen times in the past 3 months. Our usual place in Jamestown closed last year so now this is our go-to after trying a few other Chinese restaurants in nearby towns. On all but 1 visit, I have had the same person take my order. Every time she is compltely unpleasant about answering simple questions like whether MSG is used, whether there is a particular type of vegetable in a recipe (allergic to green peppers) and just generally unwelcoming and even sarcastic. If the food were not so hot, plentiful, fresh and good, I'd avoid going here because of her but I definitely recommend this place for takeout.

Reviewed 26 September 2015

Bamboo Chinese Cuisine is good for takeout. The restaurant space is nothing to write home about. Someone described it as "authentic": which having lived in Taiwan - I can say is not accurate. The level of friendliness is variable. We like to get the Teriyaki beef and chicken sticks to take home for the kids.

Reviewed 10 September 2015

This restaurant offers a variety of good Chinese Food, large serving, hospitable waiters and reasonable prices.