“Amazing Anniversary dinner!!”

Restaurant Bouchard
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Bouchard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 257 Restaurants in Newport
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: At Bouchard Restaurant, a warm relaxed ambiance and gracious welcome signals your arrival. The restaurant serves fine French cuisine in a 1785 Georgian-style house.
Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

We had heard this was the best restaurant in Newport, if not Rhode Island and we agree!! Celebrating our anniversary, so it was a special evening for us and the staff saw that it was an amazing evening! We started with the asparagus and lobster in puff pastry appetizer, the sauce was delicious!! I had the Pavé de Filet de Bœuf au Brie, Sauce Bordelaise, and it was done to perfection!! I loved the presentation, the meat was tender and the vegetables perfect. Michael had the Deux Grandes Côtelettes de Carré d’Agneau, Sauce Fines Herbes, again, done to perfection!! For dessert we shared Mousse au Chocolat en “Gâteau”, I am a chocoholic and give it a 10!!
I would be remiss if I did not mention the service. Our Captain, Dan, was attentive, pleasant and very knowledgeable about the wines. His assistant (I did not get her name) was lovely and also very attentive. Thank you both for making our anniversary dinner extra special!
Since it was our anniversary we enjoyed a complimentary glass of bubbly and an inscription on our dessert plate.
We travel quite a lot and have dined in many restaurants in many cities. I am almost ashamed to admit that one of the best restaurants we have ever dined in is here in our own town. And it took us a year to dine here!! We will be back!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,033)

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

We didn’t realize it was restaurant week when we visited Newport & were fortunate to get a reservation when someone cancelled. The service was impeccable & the food was excellent. I hesitate to order duck in new places but I took a chance & wasn’t sorry. My husband had the pork with apples & calvados & it was delicious. The raspberry soufflé with creme anglaise was amazing! Can’t wait to return.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

Relaxed dining in the French style. Sit back and relax no rush.
The service was excellent and the food delicious. Be sure to try the Grans Mariner Marnier Soufflé.

1  Thank 1900Johnny
Reviewed 13 November 2017

We've been to Bouchard's once before and we now make it our business to go there each time we are in Newport. Right on Thames Street, its easy to get to. We have always had great meals knowing we are paying for value. Make sure you make reservations. Its worth it.

1  Thank Len L
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

Found myself in town and decided to treat myself to something different. Used TA to guide the way and was not disappointed. The service rivaled the meal: delicate and friendly, attention to detail, while not being stuffy or pretentious. Dan, my garçon, was the prefect combination of friendly and knowledgeable, and made my solo dining experience relaxing and enjoyable. I did not get the young lady’s name that ran out my meal, but she was efficient and attentive as well. I wish I’d been hungrier! The stuffed lobster lived up to its reputation & the pate tasted much like what I’ve enjoyed in France. The sauce that accompanied the stuffed lobster was my favorite part: mild, light and not heavy at all- a feat! It complemented the scallops and gruyere stuffing. Finally, I gave in to the obligatory Soufflé and it was everything you imagine it should be. This will be a new stop when in town. Can’t wait to explore the other menu offerings.

2  Thank Alwxa

Been to Restaurant Bouchard? Share your experiences!