“Anniversary dinner”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

This is my second time at Mamma Luisa. I came here with my mom and sister last year. We had such a memorable time, I brought my husband back for our anniversary dinner while we vacationed in Newport. Had the caprese app, tagliatelle al pesce, and veal scallopini. All dishes were full of flavor and authentic. Finished with a pear tart and tiramisu. The highlighting of flavors in each dish was superb. My pasta had more scallops and shrimp than expected. It brought us back to our honeymoon in Italy. Friendly, professional waitstaff. Cozy atmosphere with tables set close together, but it's not noisy. Will definitely be back for a third visit.

Reviewed 22 January 2017

Best italian dishes ever.
I love it from the appetizer to desert.
I order carpaccio because the waiter suggested me and was a great choice
For second course I choosed the carbonara and i didn't fail either.
My third course was Veal Marsala, one of the best.
At desert I choosed the home made Tiramisu, nothing to compare with.

Reviewed 3 January 2017

Mamma Luisa is the best Italian restaurant around....and I live in New York, close to Manhattan!! The Bolognese over homemade egg pasta is a life-changer. The best pasta dish I have eaten in my life, bar none! Make a reservation in advance, or plan on a long wait. The locals all eat here on a regular basis...not to be missed!!!!

1  Thank Keri D
Reviewed 29 December 2016

Mamma Luisa is a cozy, intimate restaurant situated in a multi-level home. Our waiter was attentive without being intrusive. The menu offered a variety of dining choices, included vegetarian and gluten-free, supplemented by specials and a well-chosen wine list. Desserts were temptingly fresh.

Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

The atmosphere is unique in that it is a house and the small rooms are highly decorated and cozy and kind of crowded. The bread was excellent. Antipasto very tasty. Entrees predictable but good. Smaller portion option is a great idea. Carbonara is rich and filling. Small portion was just right.

Been to Mamma Luisa Restaurant? Share your experiences!