“Perfect Anniversary dinner”

One Bellevue Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
One Bellevue Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 243 Restaurants in Newport
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kay Street
Transit: Bellevue & Kay
Description: Flavor and freshness define the boutique American dinner bistro that is One Bellevue. Experience modern as well as traditional culinary treasures from the sea and land on a healthy and inviting menu. Attentive service, sophisticated surroundings, award- winning wine selections, creative cocktails, and locally sourced ingredients from our award winning culinary team identify the feel of this One, unique, Rhode Island dining destination! At One Bellevue, restaurant highlights include our signature Shrimp Adobo, Char Broiled Duck and Black Pearl Salmon all paired with a luscious selection from our advanced wine list. Come and enjoy Newport’s hidden gem, One Bellevue for your dining and entertainment cravings today!
Reviewed 30 June 2016

I had read mixed reviews - some very harsh and some good but also some good things about a newer chef. There is free valet parking - important in Newport. We were given the choice to eat outside or inside. We chose the beautiful outside courtyard with beautiful plantings, umbrellas and round, stone propane hearth heaters for the chill that comes once the sun sets. Ashley our waitress was very friendly and attentive and answered questions and gave advice when asked. Our meals were perfect and probably the best we have had eating out this year. The Grand Chowder was fabulous with chunks of lobster, scallops and shrimp. The bread and tapenade was delicious. We ordered entrees of grilled sea scallops and a chicken dish with apple and brie - both cooked and presented to perfection. We will definitely return and encourage friends to try this gem of a restaurant.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

The Restaurant in the Viking Hotel was walking distance from our hotel and we lucked into a fine dining experience. The warmed goat cheese appetizer was fantastic as was the Zucchini Bisque Soup. The entrees' for my wife and I were exceptional the chicken specialty dish and the grilled scallops. The staff was very courteous and unpretentious. A real gem of a restaurant.

Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

Ate here with my Wife on a Friday evening whilst staying in the hotel.

The restaurant is attached to Hotel Viking and is decorated in the same pleasant style as the hotel. Outdoor tables are available.

Nothing on the menu appealed to my Wife and chef happily prepared a spicy tomato pasta dish for her. This was a cracking dish; well-cooked pasta, spot-on seasoning, good chilli kick and fresh-tasting tomato flavour. The NY strip (sirloin) was equally as good, in fact was easily the best piece of steak I have ever eaten. The steak was big, but I'd skipped lunch so managed to finish it! The pasta too was far too big for us, but that's just the way it is here.

The whole meal was good value.

Would go back and would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 21 June 2016

One Bellevue has it all. you can eat breakfast, lunch and dinner in the beautiful dining/.luncheon area or in season out on the beautiful garden patio. Food is always consistent and very good. soups salads and sandwiches and entrees are divine. we had the lobster roll and turkey club for lunch. They were both so good and their fries are like steak curly ones. so different and tasty... They have a nice variety for dinner.. also a delightful lamb dish.. also apps and drinks are available...

Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

I usually try restaurants outside of hotels, but this received good reviews, was near my lodging, and had an open table on a busy Saturday night. Very glad I tried. Great service and delicious meal and wine. Try the "great chowder" -- it's truly one of the best I've had.