All reviews downtown newport attached restaurant shuttle service rooms are large outdoor pool beds were very comfortable coffee maker rhode island king bed free parking microwave walmart ri couch
Reviewed 31 August 2016

We checked in and were given a King Deluxe. It had a sitting area - good I guess if you have kids. Room was clean but showing wear. The hallways need updating. Walls are dirty. Hotel staff was nice, although we had to wait till 4 pm to check in. The restaurant was terrible for breakfast. I just don't know how they could mess up breakfast. My husband had western eggs...they were scrambled and came with home fries. Home fries tasted odd - maybe made with cumin. not sure, but my husband felt sick all day after eating. I had a Belgian waffle and sent it back. It crumbled in my mouth! So dry no matter how much butter or jam was on it! I had some home fries and also felt a little ill, but not bad since I only ate a little. Stay away from the restaurant! This is a basic hotel about 10 minutes from downtown Newport. Not bad for the price - but I paid on EXPEDIA and the day of arrival, my room price dropped over $60 per night. Even with their "Best Price Guarantee" - it turns out they only guarantee till 2 days before you arrive! Buyer Beware! Hotel would not help with this either! I will post this warning on TripAdvisor and other sites as well so others are not mislead!!!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank garrahyd
Reviewed 29 August 2016

The location was convenient to downtown Newport with easy roadway access. I specifically asked for a first floor room near an exit and they were able to make that happen quite easily, which was nice. They also allowed early check-in without any grief whatsoever. We got extra towels when we asked and were treated pretty well. I booked the room at the very last minute after canceling a reservation at a nearby filthy and unaccommodating hotel, so I was very happy to receive decent customer service on the fly.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2016

If this is all you can afford to be able to visit Newport then go ahead and stay here otherwise there are other options further from town and recommend those options.
The hotel and room was dirty, damp and the AC was so noisy it was hard to sleep plus don't plan to get a shower any time soon after you flush the toilet, it runs forever. Don't fall for spending the money on the shuttle, it is cheaper to park in town for the day and you can come and go as needed.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank seichel65
Reviewed 24 August 2016

Filthy and outdated, I don't even know where to begin..side exterior doors into the hotel did not lock (unsafe), torn carpeting, filthy walls, shower curtains, smelled awful-nonsmoking hotel but could smell smoke throughout the hallways. Mystery 'smear' on my bathroom wall, steps cracked and separated from the foundation at one of the side entrances, a pair of dirty underwear was laying in the hallway for way too long, not very quiet-could hear my neighbors way too well. a/c barely functioned. The only good thing I can say about this hotel was the staff in the hotel bar/restaurant-they were very pleasant. Didn't eat there (drinks only) as we noticed the trash accumulated between the booths which made us fear the cleanliness of the kitchen..

Room tip: Pay a few extra bucks to stay in a hotel in downtown Newport
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank jotossi
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

The hotels proximity to the downtown is excellent. It also has a steakhouse restaurant . Never had dinner there but the breakfast was decent . There's a casino right across the street if your looking for entertainment without driving . The hotel is older but very clean & comfortable. They seem to host a lot of wedding party's which makes it a little rowdy ! But , overall it's a great value as the hotels downtown are outrageously expensive! I would recommend this hotel for a quick visit to see & experience Newport !

Trip type: Travelled with friends