“Easter Brunch With a View”

Safari Room at OceanCliff
Reserve with OpenTable
Safari Room at OceanCliff is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #82 of 253 Restaurants in Newport
Price range: US$15 - US$42
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Harrison Avenue
Transit: Seasonal
Description: The Safari Room Restaurant and Bar at OceanCliff is known for providing extraordinary culinary experiences both indoors and out. Our experienced team of culinary professionals provides the ultimate dining experience, utilizing only the finest ingredients, including a selection of fresh, local seafood, prime aged beef, and exotic house specialties, all while offering p The Safari Patio is open seasonally from May through October, providing you with an open-air dining experience with exceptional service. Enjoy fresh local seafood and a variety of hand crafted entrees while dining among sunsets, starlight and the UN-paralleled views of the bay. Our culinary team utilizes only the finest ingredients to make each dish distinct, creating a unique sense of culture and place in every bite. Relax with a sunset cocktail, and redefine romance while telling us of your travels. The Indoor Safari Dining Room is open for weekend dining October through May, and open year round for special events.
Reviewed 22 April 2017

This restaurant is amazing for a special occasion or just dinner out. The food and service was incredible and extremely friendly. Food was amazing. Six adults and three children and all were happy. Each dish was delicious. We come here several times a year and each time we have a wonderful delicious meal.

Reviewed 3 February 2017 via mobile

I brought my family there for an early Saturday dinner, as we had 2 youngsters with us. The waiter asked if we wanted sparkling or still water. We said still. He brought over bottled water and opened the bottle and poured. I should have asked if there would be a charge, but I didn't. Tap water was never offered. We did not receive bread with the meal, the lobster Mac & cheese was flavorless, the halibut dry and the Asian cod very salty. When the bill came, we were charged $14.00 for 2 bottles of water. When asked about this, the waiter said management requires them to do this, not offer tap water and not mention the charge for the bottled water. It is a sneaky scam to pad the bill. They removed one bottle from the bill. It was a disappointing meal and we would obviously never return.

6  Thank karotella
Reviewed 11 January 2017

Excellent service from OceanCliff Hotel staff provided our family of 18 adults and 14 children a festive time together.

Reviewed 2 December 2016

Made reservations for our anniversary and was excited to see this beautiful building we pulled up to. I realized there was no valet, so I left my wife at the door. She was greeted by a nice gentleman who opened the door and showed he the way to the restaurant. Walking from the parking lot and see the grounds and the building, my culinary spider senses were tingling! A classic building, beautiful grounds, a doorman, a great electricity in the space as I walked past the wedding down the hall. Then it all ended. We waited a while to be greeted by our server. (I can fully understand if the person is bust, but multiple people were doing nothing - so much for team work) When our server did arrive, we were informed that evening was the "restaurant Week" was the only menu. (wish I was told that ahead of time).

We ordered some champagne and a bottle of wine - of which we had to pour ourselves. Now, I can see if it was busy, but it was slow. as my wife was eating her bread, the bus boy removed the plate from right under her without asking and our 1st course was served. The meal was ok to good. the food and the room do not go hand-in-hand with the restaurant nor the building.
When dessert arrived without a candle or anything, I was a little perturbed. I blew it off, paid the check and was at least happy about the nice hostess who made sure to bid us a sincere farewell.
The restaurant may be very good in the summer from what I hear, but needs a lot of help to be successful in the winter.

2  Thank Fishin_Chef
Reviewed 7 November 2016

It was Restaurant Week in Newport when we visited, and finding a dinner reservation downtown after 5:30 or before 8:30 was non existent. We found Safari Room had availability 8:00 and after reading some reviews, we booked it.
A wedding going on in the function room, but the restaurant was fairly quiet. Enjoyed a cocktail at the bar - bartender was pleasant and sociable ! Moved to our table at 8:00. Found out that only the restaurant week menu was available which limited us down to four entrée selections. I chose the flat iron and my wife chose the pork shank. Our waiter throughout the meal was pleasant but less than attentive. Consistently placed my plates in front of my wife, and hers in front of me. No big deal, but this was each course ! My wife enjoyed her pork very much but my medium steak arrived very rare.
Overall our visit was OK and the $35 per person restaurant week pricing was very good. We would return, but would not go out of our way go there.