“Great Location, Good Price, Excellent process and...”
other travellers have booked this property
Great for morning coffee, or dining. Kitchen & interior dining
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
King Bed
Great for morning coffee, or dining.
Kitchen & interior dining
Crockpot, Blender, Waffle maker, electric opener
Glassware
Kitchen stuff
Magic Island view of Hilton Hawaiian Village
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
J S
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great Location, Good Price, Excellent process and pricing”
Reviewed 20 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015
people found this review helpful

My wife and I come to Waikiki several times each year. Gary's Place is centrally located with the apartment on the 30th floor facing the cooler and less noisey Ala Wai and mountain side of the building. The apartment has everything! Updated 32" flat screen TV with cable programing on a swival. We really enjoyed dining on the lanai, and especially morning coffee along with the daily newspaper delivered to the apartment. Great way to start the day. The linens were of superior grade along with a generous supply if towels. Plenty of cookware for meals. Loved the blender and waffle maker too. Dealing with and booking the apartment was easy. Gary responded quickly to all requests via e-mail along with several phone calls. Payment was handled via a secured payment system. We have already booked for next October. Thanks Gary for a wonderful and hassel free stay!

Management Response
26 Feb 2015
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Gary's Place Waikiki. We took great pride in helping to make your Hawaiian Adventure memorable.
Life_at_5...
Sacramento, California
“Recommended? Yes!!”
Reviewed 15 January 2015 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

My apologies to Gary for my belated review! The condo was as described. Gary responded quickly via email prior to our arrival...with one exception. My package containing key and written instructions did not arrive in time. I waited a several days in case there was a problem with the shipper. But during those days I was worried that I "got taken," considering that Gary didn't accept payment through TripAdvisor and I had no guarantees. When I did email him, I received a message that the email address was unavailable. My worry intensified! I followed up with a phone call and Gary was very apologetic about not notifying me about the delay; he explained that the building management had re-keyed the lock and he was waiting to receive the new key.
The building was easy to find and access. I felt safe within the building and parking garage (extra charge payable to building management). The streets were often filled with pedestrians so I felt fairly safe, although kept my awareness up.
Love that there were two Starbucks close by - one kiddycorner and another two blocks down.
The condo has a view of the Ala Wai canal. In the evening it was nice to see the sunset reflected on the mountainside. It was also fun to drink my coffee on the balcony and watch the canoe paddlers in the canal.
The unit was clean. Appreciated the abundance of towels, which we took to the beach, and the onsite laundry. :-D I slept comfortably, although the bed may be too soft and sag for others. My adult daughter and her boyfriend were comfortable as well on the pullout sleeper. There is a fold-away divider between the bed area and the living room for privacy.
One negative spot: the bathtub shower combination is small and drained slowly.
Overall, this condo was a good value!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Gary's appreciation of his guests.
Liked least: Bathtub drained slowly.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Anne E
Canberra, Australia
“Lovely condo and great location.”
Reviewed 24 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014
people found this review helpful

Gary's Place was a lovely surprise with everything you need for a great vacation. The kitchen was well stocked and there were plenty of bath towels. With the welcome breeze there was no need to use the air-con. Overlooking the canal was much quieter than previous condos we have stayed in, which made it so much more enjoyable, though there is nothing you can do about the numerous sirens around Waikiki. Having the bus stop outside the condo was fantastic. We found The Pantry nearby a boon. The only negative was the slow elevators. Having a laundry on site was great. Gary kept in contact with us and made sure we were well looked after. Looking forward to our next visit.

BC
Reviewed 24 January 2014 for a stay in December 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
PeacenikA...
Alameda
“All the comforts of home”
Reviewed 30 July 2012 for a stay in July 2012
people found this review helpful

My husband and I were lucky enough to rent a week at Gary's Place. It's very well located, very close to all ammenities. We were pleasantly suprised to find the kitchen so well equiped with all the things you would put in your own home. This is like staying at a friends place, not like your standard hotel room with kitchenette. By the end of our stay we were calling it home rather than the condo.

Our only advice is to watch the strong trade winds. When we first arrived we thought our key didn't work, but the wind pressure was so strong that the door was difficult to open. We found that if we closed all windows before leaving, then opened them and keeping the door open upon arriving the strong winds would push out the stale air in a few seconds or so.

I have back problems and the bed was very comfortable. It's obvious the Gary takes great pride in his rental and takes very good care of it.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Elevator wait time was sometimes was very long.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing