“Best Tasting and Variety of Poke”
Review of Fresh Catch

Fresh Catch
Ranked #2 of 2,524 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Seafood
Neighbourhood: Diamond Head - Kapahulu - St. Louis
Neighbourhood: Diamond Head - Kapahulu - St. Louis
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It was poring rain but we still made it here. First, there is ample parking and it is on a main street and easy to find. Second, there is a wide variety of poke and non-poke dishes to choose from...and they are delicious!

The fish is fresh and there is no tsuji (gristle).

I wish that there more places to sit but such is life. We took it to go. One suggestion would be to separate the fish and rice somehow in the container or use two containers as the heat from the rice heats up the fish.

Nonetheless, it was still tasty after getting it back to the hotel room.

Try the others, but you'll end up back here. Better than Ono Seafood.

2  Thank Karl K

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went here twice in a 4 day visit. My husband would have eaten it every day if he could. You really have to get the poke bowls. Fish cannot possibly be fresher. They were literally cutting up a large fish in the back when we were there the first time. This is raw fish in case someone doesn’t know. Poke seems to be what everyone gets although they do have some fried stuff.

1  Thank Erica K
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I wish that I had discovered this place earlier in my vacation. Incredible food at great prices. Don't miss this!

2  Thank jsethwitmer
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Everyone already raves about the quality and flavor of the food here. I have nothing to add to that... however, the customer service and the friendliness of the staff here is exceptional. I’ll be back again and again

2  Thank Mohammad1
Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

This place is not much to look at from the outside, but it was recommended to us from the owner of the house we were renting so we thought we’d give it a try. I’m glad we did! The owners and people who worked there were so friendly and helpful. They gave us samples of poke and patiently answered questions about other items on the menu. I’m not a big fish eater, but the food was so fresh and delicious. The owners asked about where we were from and gave us suggestions on things to see. They truly exhibited the “aloha” spirit. We would love to go back!

3  Thank Diane B