“Going back for more”

Ranked #21 of 2,580 Restaurants in Honolulu
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Simple. As in simply the best udon I've ever had. Simple menu with simple prices (re low). Simply easy to go back to again and again

Write a ReviewReviews (3,155)

Reviewed 1 April 2018

When we first arrived in Hawaii, we saw the line outside of Marukame Udon and wondered why it was there. When we went inside we soon found out! Cheap prices, delicious food, and handmade Udon noodles make this place a must-visit for the budget-conscious traveler in Honolulu and Waikiki. You can fill up on noodles and appetizers and spend less than $20.00 US per person. Fantastic experience very time I have gone here. The line is long, but goes very fast, so you won't have to wait too long to get your meal.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Super tasty food for really cheap. The line is long but moves really fast and the food is worth the wait!

Reviewed 29 March 2018

I found this place on TripAdvisor using the map view of Waikiki. It was great. There was a constant line out front but it moved quick. We waited no more than 15 minutes. The thick Udon noodles were to die for and made in-house. The broth was terrific - I got the curry broth. You have a choice of proteins and also tempura. Everything we had was great and the price was very reasonable for Hawaii. Had we stayed more time in Honolulu I would have been tempted to go back. I will go back when I return.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Food was delicious! It was our first experience at an authentic noodle restaurant. Every night for a week we passed by because the line to get into the restaurant was stretched way down the street. Finally one day we went out early for supper and there was no lineup. It was definitely a first-rate experience! Would definitely return again!!