Ala Moana Hotel(Honolulu)
US$279
US$475
US$464
  • Pool
Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach(Honolulu)
Free cancellation until 25/07
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$282
US$259
1,563 results
All reviewshilton hawaiian villagekalia towerlagoon towersgrand waikikiangreat lawnhgvc ownersfull kitchentime shareliving roomocean viewfriday night fireworksgreat resortsuper poolfamily vacationgreat vacationtapa barwaikiki beach
Reviewed 6 September 2017

My family had a chance to finally experience Oahu, Hawaii and we had a blast! Being a previous resident of Oahu, I knew the Hilton Hawaiian Village was where we would stay. It was the most amazing experience for our kids and my spouse. Prior to living in Hawaii, I had a chance to visit for a friends wedding and we stayed at this beautiful property. Coming back years later I wanted my children and spouse to have that same awesome experience I did so many years ago. Hawaii is a beautiful place and Hilton just embraces the Hawaiian culture and incorporates it in every part of the property. The staff is amazing and the property is so family friendly and gorgeous. Its a home away from home. We absolutely loved our stay and can't wait to come back! Aloha and Mahalo HGVC & HHV for making our family vacation even more memorable! Connie, Kai, Nick, & Joe

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2017

In my opinion, the front desk and concierge staff were not consistent in providing Hilton quality customer service. But the rest of the staff at were so friendly and welcoming, views were great, location was perfect, and room was clean.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations at Hilton Hawaiian Village, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Aloha, I apologize we did not provide the hospitality and aloha you expected and as we always should. I have notified managers of both the front desk and concierge so they can follow up with more training for their team members.

Reviewed 3 September 2017

What else can I say? Totally loved this property as Hilton Vacation Time Share owner.
Booked this on short notice, less than 2 months prior to trip was able to get a small but efficient room at The Lagoon Tower. Can't be too picky as rooms among the whole HHV (Hilton Hawaiian Village) 8 towers get snapped up quickly.

Our first 5 nights at the Lagoon Tower was great. Room not as big as suites. No balcony and lower floor. Not a big deal as we did not spend a lot of time in the room. Bed is big queen, comfy. Small kitchenette has sink, microwave, toaster, coffee machine, all kitchenware, utensils. Strong AC. Only drawback (negative) is bathtub fit
a small person under 4 feet. If you were to sit in the tub as a grown up, it is impossible. Treat taking stand up shower in this as if you were on a cruise ship. They do have a clothes line you can pull out to hang dry clothes, so that's nice.

As for access to amenities like the lagoon in front on the beach it's just a stone throw away, fantastic.

Then we got upgraded to the Grand Wakikian for 3 nights. What an upgrade! It's a suite, compared to our Lagoon room, this felt like a palace. Separate living room with sofas, TV, full sized kitchen, big bedroom with a 2 person bathtub. Bathroom has a good sized shower stall. And balcony facing Ala Moana Blvd. And a washer and dryer--what a surprise. Again, location is superb as far as accessing all the amenities HHV has to offer: restaurants, many ABC convenient stores, shops, lagoon, beach etc etc. Walking on the 2 miles stretch of Waikiki is not a problem for us. Beautiful sunrise, sunset etc.

Both rooms we have were quiet, free WiFi was great.

Service from Hilton from start to finish and in between was PAR EXCELLENCE! From valet to check in staff. Housekeeping (remember this is timeshare so only every so often they clean the time share room which is fine for us). Everyone has big smile and cheerful to help.

It's one of the best Hilton Vacations as a timeshare owner.

Reviewed 2 September 2017

There was 9 of us that just got back from Hawaii and stayed at your property. While the property itself is beautiful, I am very disappointed in your check in policies. We had 3 rooms reserved and we could not get all 3 room in the same tower unless we upgraded to partial ocean views and full ocean views. This ended up costing an additional $1200.00+ for a 7 day stay. I've traveled a lot of different places over my years and I can tell you, this is the first time I've ever encountered this problem. Most places try to make you feel welcome, well that was not the way we were treated here.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank fivestar32

Aloha, I apologize our team members were not able to provide you with rooms of your choice without upgrade charges.

Reviewed 2 September 2017

Awesome views and nice accommodations were tainted by a lack of cleanliness, specifically in the bathroom. Also, I was given inaccurate information on several occasions, always to the benefit of my hosts.

Starting with the room, it appeared generally clean, except in the bathroom, where you REALLY want clean. Instead, the door was filthy with hundreds of fingerprints and there was buildup accruing in the caulk. Worse still, there was a buildup on the bidet wand that I didn't notice until AFTER first use. I am STILL concerned about the consequences of that.

On the service end when adding this stay at Laguna Tower to the beginning of a previously booked stay at another tower, I was inaccurately told I might be able to hold the room until the next room (same HGVCresort complex) became available. After arrival, they wouldn't even consider it.

When deciding on valet or self parking, I specifically asked if I could call to have my car brought up. The answer was "yes" ... until I was on the hook for valet parking. ($47 daily).

That leads to the next innacuracy. They gave us distorted maps that make it look much more difficult to get to off resort (affordable) dining and entertainment options than reality. Use google.

The worst inaccuracies of all were conveyed by the concierge staff, who it turns out are part of the Sales team. They claim to offer discounts on services and experiences, almost all of which are offered for less from the merchants. After surrendering my car due to parking costs, they steered me away from the trolley shuttle to their partner cab company, wildly inaccurately forecasting the cost. And they persuaded to take their discounted luau in exchange for a "60 minute, no pressure" sales presentation" (ok, my fault for believing that one) that almost interminable alternative offers each time you decline. If you do this and you're not buying, count on 3 hours.

Bottom line is that the location and views are very nice. The accommodations were mostly good but source information youself or be prepared to pay top dollar for everything.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations

Aloha, I apologize for the lack of cleanliness you encountered with the bidet. Our housekeeping staff have been given strict instructions to maintain our standards. I have also notified our concierge managers to better train our concierge team members for accurate and helpful information.