“Great when Japan chef is in!”
Review of Bernini Honolulu

Bernini Honolulu
Ranked #516 of 2,453 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Ala Moana - Kakaako
Reviewed 27 January 2017 via mobile

We got together with friends and noted the food was very tasty: salad, pizza, pasta, seafood stew, chicken, steak and the crepe cake was delicious! We found out the chef from Japan was working and it was wonderful.

Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

First time for me and my wife at Bernini. Date night. We were looking for a new place to check and no better option then Bernini since we live a cross the street. Its Italian restaurant run that is not cheap but good for a date night. Service was good, knowledgable and ready to answer all of your questions. Most of the guests were tourists, so its definitely tourist destination. Food was great and portions were just right. As always my favorite was a desert. I ordered crape cake and I loved it. So overall good experience but not enough to go there again, at least not soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

Location: across from Ala Moana Mall (Bloomingdale's side). In a low rise building on a side street.

Parking: Has its own small parking lot out front. Fills up during busy period.

Food: Classic Italian dishes, seafood focused and all very tasty. I had the Capuccino style onion soup which was excellent and the linguine with clams.

Guests: skews Japanese tourists and locals.

Value: higher end price point but food was worth the price. Atmosphere was quiet, white table cloth service. Nice cozy place.

Would come back if I want Italian.

Reviewed 12 November 2015 via mobile

Finally made it to this place, nice quiet atmosphere and a real attempt to copy the Italian dining style, with some French influenced touches. We had pate appetizer very delicious and fresh mozzarella and tomato. My duck entree was sooo moist and the pasta ragu and crab pasta dishes were perfectly done.

Reviewed 3 November 2015

Great Italian-Japanese fusion food. Really, really good pizza. My son had the king crab linguini and thought it was delicious . We enjoyed the calimari app, which delectly sauteed, (no batter) and perfectly cooked. And the pizza really was a good as any we have had in NYC and even Italy. This is in a great location about a block away from the Ala Moana shopping mall.