“What an amazing fusion of two wonderful island cultures' cooking styles!”

Jawaiian Irie Jerk Restaurant
Ranked #332 of 2,521 Restaurants in Honolulu
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 July 2017

although just over 2 miles from Diamond Head or Waikiki Beach, this hidden gem is worth discovering via foot or ride. The soothe tunes being played underscores the experience in culinary art you will experience at Jawaiian's. Whether it was the spicy Oxtails or the Jerk Wings, you will savor every ounce of it. The Jasmine rice and peas and plantains sides were a perfect complement to the main meal. The Ginger Pineapple Tea topped off an excellent entrée!

Reviewed 12 July 2017

I believe customer appreciation is very important and unfortunately I do not believe the owners of this restaurant value their customers. We were once loyal patrons and even outspoken supporters, however, we have been treated very discourteously, so much so, that we will not be eating here again.

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

My wife and I ate lunch here on a weekday. When we walked in there was one other customer waiting for a takeout.

We were seated immediately. The waitress was very pleasant and informed us what was not available at the moment.

I ordered the Jerk Chicken entree and my wife ordered the Jerk Pork Sandwich.

While the Jerk Chicken was served in a reasonable amount of time, my wife had to wait for a long time for her meal to be served. The waitress seemed a little embarrassed as she came twice to the table to inform us that the sandwich was coming out soon.

The Jerk Chicken was very moist and tasty, the portion was large. The sandwich was disappointing. The bread was dense and was cold. My wife liked the pork and the salad.

We may visit after a few months to see if the restaurant has improved a give another review.

Reviewed 15 June 2017

Two days before we left the mainland for Hawaii, we saw this restaurant on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. Our ten year old was really excited to try it and it didn't disappoint! They recently moved to this location and it was really cool. We sat outside under a large awning which protected us from the rain but allowed us to enjoy the climate. The eclectic wall designs are fun. The jerk wings were delicious - not your typical wings. The Festival was like a doughnut - delicious! The curry shrimp was really tasty. Our server was from Israel (wish I remembered her name) and was super friendly and welcoming and offered suggestions for our kids' meals. We arrived around 6:45 and were just ahead of the dinner rush. It's out of the way, but worth the visit!

Reviewed 6 June 2017

I've been to Jawaiian Irie Jerk a couple of times now and have tried their jerk chicken, curry goat, oxtails, shrimp, and a few other dishes. All of the food is actually really good. That said, the jerk chicken is more like stewed jerk, so if you're expecting authentic grill-style jerk, you'll be disappointed. The curry goat is also good, but I won't be getting it again as I make it better.

My favorite dish here is the oxtails, which have just the right texture and flavor. If I return to this place, the oxtails are what I'll get.