“Our FAVORITE fancy restaurant on Oahu”
Review of Le Bistro

Le Bistro
Ranked #265 of 2,629 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 January 2016

We live here in Honolulu and this is our place for birthdays, anniversaries, or whenever someone gives us a gift certificate. This place doesn't have the best views, or the nicest parking lot, or signage. In fact, if you drove past it you wouldn't even think that a place that serves amazing French inspired food sits in this run down strip mall. But it does.

My favorite is the braised short ribs. My husband always gets the Quartet of Beef (or Boeuf? as they say in France) which is beef prepared four different ways (Wagyu slider, filet mignon, short rib, and ribeye). I ordered the onaga on my last visit and that was possibly the BEST fish I have ever eaten. The sea bass (if it is on the menu) is also stellar. Hmm. I guess everything on the menu is our favorite. I love the Kahuku corn salad, the fig salad. My husband loves the Hudson Valley foie gras, French onion soup too. And the desserts are out of this world. Deconstructed pear sundae, apple tart, creme brûlée. I could go on and on but basically it's the whole menu.

RECAP: It's our favorite restaurant on Oahu. Only open for dinner.

1  Thank 808Momx2

Reviewed 26 December 2015 via mobile

We began with tuna tartare and escargots. The tuna tartare was delicious but the tuna seemed a touch old. The escargots were from Spain and were outrageous. The bread was a French version of local Hawaiian bread and it had a slight touch of sweetness. Next we had the special of the night which was a trio. It consisted of onaga with a lobster and tomato basil sauce, waygu steak and a Kobe slider. That dish was a 4. We also ordered the onaga which was steamed and topped with caramelized leaks. The first serving was cold but Tyson our waiter came back with a perfect presentation of this course. It was delicious. We also ordered the apple tartin. It was delicious. All in all this is one of our favorites.

Reviewed 16 December 2015

It is a small restaurant. The food is very good. The price is resonable. The chef is quite creative. It has a good wine list.

Reviewed 8 December 2015 via mobile

The food melted in our mouths. We started with the steak tartare & escargots. I had my usual beef quartet which has a waygu burger, short ribs, prime rib & another steak. Great dinner

Reviewed 9 November 2015

This is a very classy restaurant. I'm glad my husband didn't were his shorts. The tables are nicely set with fine linens, good china and silverware. The only downside with the tables for me is that they are too close together. There just a plant to separate our table from the table beside us and we could hear their conversation all evening. Tam our server was good. We ordered the escargot to start and hubby commented that they may be some of the best that he's had. They were large escargot and the garlic butter and parsley was so good with the bread. We required a second order of bread. For entrees my husband had the sea bass that was perfectly cooked. The fish was so nice and moist but the skin was crispy. I had the barbecued lamb chops that I requested medium rare. It arrived more on the medium side but they were still very good. There are 2 serving sizes available on the lamb chops. I requested the smaller order - 3 chops and it was more than adequate as the chops were a fairly good size. There was a nice assortment of vegetables served with the chops. For dessert we shared the chocolate lava cake and it was also very good.

It is a pricey restaurant but the food does not disappoint.