“Garlic Chicken”

Sugoi
Ranked #556 of 2,262 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 8 April 2021 via mobile

Heard from locals about how good their garlic chicken is so right when we landed in Honolulu, we stopped by here and got food to-go. I did not notice anyone dining in when we came but there was definitely a line for the register to order as well as for food pick-up. Suffice to say, upon getting to the hotel, even after multiple detours, the flavor was definitely there. Their garlic chicken was well worth the 1st stop from the airport. Huge portion that can easily feed 2 people is a bonus. Like all Hawaiian plates, this came with lots of rice and macaroni salad which I found a bit too peppery. Oh did I mention they also have a spicy version of the garlic chicken? I would definitely get it if a good kick is what you're looking for in a meal. Delicious stuff!

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank marimaryap
Write a reviewReviews (39)

Reviewed 31 January 2021 via mobile

It was easy to phone in my order and the food was ready when I got there (about 10 mins later). I ordered the Sugoi wrap,5pc side order of spicy garlic chicken, and Korean chicken lunch plate. I wanted to order their mochiko chicken, but it was already sold out However, spicy garlic and Korean chicken was delicious and the portions were very generous... my family of 3 adults could not finish all the food and had plenty left overs for another meal... next time I really would like to try their mochiko chicken... I better call them early in advance or order online (24 hours in advance)!

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 28 November 2019

We've stopped at Sugoi a couple of times before heading back to Maui, to take back a plate of yakisoba and garlic chicken for dinner. The garlic chicken is crispy and flavorful and the yakisoba is decent. We haven't tried the other items but one day will have to. They're right across from Kamehameha Bakery, so we make it a one-stop trip for dinner and dessert.

Date of visit: October 2019
1  Thank David H
Reviewed 29 March 2019

this is a mis-spelled place listing; it refers to Sugoi, which is reviewed. in another site. Good eats here! Enjoy the garlic chicken!

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed 21 March 2019

Known by locals, and waaay off the regular tracks, this delightful restaurant is in a small shopping area with some of the best eats in town. Garlic chicken is boned thighs, deeply flavored, and REALLY CRISPY fried, and massive value. Try everything, you won't be sorry.

Date of visit: March 2019