“Ginza Sushi at Ala Moana Mall”

Ginza Sushi Ward Centers
Ranked #666 of 2,540 Restaurants in Honolulu
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I was highly entertained by the way the food is delivered, by a mini bullett train. We order the sushi which comes by the mini bullett train or you can pick up your plate of sushi from the converyor belt. Either way an entertaining way to have lunch.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

The Fish is very fresh. Atmosphere is pleasantly surprising for a mall. A must go! Sake was one of the best, and my son loved the Melon Cream Soda.

Reviewed 10 February 2018

This is a small restaurant within Ward Centers. It was not there in 2012 so it's fairly new from my standpoint. My husband and I were looking for a place to eat and as it had other things besides sushi, we gave it a try.

We went back 5 times before we left Honolulu.

The lunch menu is pretty amazing, a lot of food for the price. My husband enjoyed his chicken teriyaki and his beef teriyaki. The lunch portions were perfect. The dinner portions were also really good, you never felt overstuffed.

This restaurant makes the best spicy ahi, hands down. The fish is so fresh! I worked in a Japanese restaurant during high school, so I rate everything by the restaurant I worked for which had a separate menu in Japanese. The owner had items I remember fondly from those days.... Hamachi Kama is the jawbone of the tuna. Lightly grilled with a little sauce, it was the best I have had in a long time. Natto (fermented soybean) was terrific, not too salty and served over spinach leaves. His Uni (sea urchin) hand rolls were to die for. A lot of restaurants just put some uni at the top of the roll and then fill it with rice, he puts a good amount of uni in the roll and fills it down to the bottom before he rolls it up.

The owner offered to get me Shishamo (smelts stuffed with eggs) for the next time I was in which I thought was really nice.

Even though the place is small, it never felt crowded and it was never noisy. The owner always comes out and greets you or shouts a greeting from the kitchen.

All in all, it was a terrific place and we cannot wait to go back!

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

My family stopped to recharge after spending a couple of hours at Nordstrom Rack.
We assumed it was “just” another Sushi stop for a quick bite. Boy were we wrong, we’ve lived in Asia and have eaten some of the best and most expensive Sushi and this could hold its own with ANY of these. The price point was VERY good value and the service excellent.

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Outstanding! The restaurant is not fancy but quite comfortable, and the food was top notch. We were greeted warmly by the owner, and our server was welcoming and attentive. Our party of four each ordered two different maki rolls, and there was not a bad one in the bunch! I had the NBious Maki and the Dynamite Scallop, and truly the scallop was the best I’ve ever had. All of the rolls were incredibly fresh - I suspect those fish were likely still swimming yesterday! My oldest daughter (the birthday girl)had the Bomb and Beauty and the Beast, and was delighted with her choices. My husband ate a Segway and an Alaskan- the salmon in the Alaskan was out of this world! Younger daughter is not a fan of raw, so her California roll and Captain Crunch were fabulous choices. The service here was so so nice - we received the perfect amount of attention without interruption. I wish we were staying in town longer so we could visit again. I will remember this meal for a long time!