“great location and value”

Waikiki Resort Hotel
Ranked #43 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed 4 February 2012

I am a travel agent and was escorting a group that stayed here a few days before our cruise on Norwegian's Pride of America. We were one block from the beach, and with the oceanview rooms, you could watch the surfers on Waikiki Beach from our balcony. Although the rooms are rather small, they were clean and the bed were very comfortable.
Check in was the easiest I've ever experienced, and the employees were all top rate--friendly, courteous, and knowledgeable.
They even have a self service laundry on the lower floor, which was also very handy.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank louise04
Write a ReviewReviews (1,650)

Reviewed 3 February 2012

I am a frequent traveler to Honolulu due to business and have stayed at several hotels in the Waikiki area. By far this hotel was the best in this price range. I found the front desk staff helpful, rooms clean and comfortable, and an excellent location one block off of the beach. What was even more of a surprise is the availability of parking included with your room which is a premium in Waikiki. Though the rooms were a bit on the smaller side, they are comparable to most in the area. The biggest drawback is the bath configuration being a bit awkward to move around with the location of the door, shower and toilet. Other than this minor inconvenience, this is an excellent location for a business traveler, and a short walk to the beach or fast food restaurant for coffee in the early morning. Without a doubt I will stay again on my next business trip.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that does not face Koa. Heavy bus and truck traffic making a lot of noise.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Karl K
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Every time I am on O'ahu, I stay at Waikiki Resort. The employees are friendly, helpful, and savvy; parking uncomplicated; business center, laundry room, and Internet access is available. There is a great cafe and sushi/bar lounge downstairs, spa, and pool. The rooms are large and have kitchenettes- microwave, fridge, sink, dishes, and utensils. The hotel is situated half a city block from the main boulevard and the beach on a street not crowded by tourists.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank ElleLosAngeles
Reviewed 27 January 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in Waikiki before moving on the Maui. They offered a special online discount. Pay for 2 nights get the 3rd free which helped me to decide on this hotel as the other hotels in the area were so expensive, and I was not there to spend time in my room. The 18th floor room had a good view of Diamond Head and Waikiki Beach and the ocean. The room was very tired looking. The carpet and bedding has seen better days and we did make sure to keep our shoes on when walking on the carpet. We booked a junior suite and it was good size and had a small kitchenette which we used to keep cold drinks and snacks in and to make coffe and tea in the morning. Bathroom was in dire need of an update. The location was very close to everything in Waikiki. I did find the staff pleasant and helpful and buffett breakfast was good but would get boring if you ate there everyday for a week, as it didn't change at all. I did hear some traffic noise at night but we were in the middle of a big city, so it is to be expected and it wasn't bad enought to keep us up.
We did try the pool one afternoon and it is not heated and was so cold we didn't get past our toes. Since I paid alot of money to go to Hawaii the last thing I wanted was a polar bear dip!
All in all it was an OK hotel and served the purpose, but I think the management should look at replacing the bedding and carpets and freshing up the decor.

Room Tip: The junior suite on the higher floors have a nice view of Diamond Head and the Ocean from the Balcon...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mcmCalgary
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Great location, well priced clean basic hotel. Helpful staff, parking available. Laundry available. I didn't use the pool because it is so close to the beach! Nearby restaurants, board rentals. A very nice hotel and vacation

• Stayed: January 2012