“Comfortable and convenient ”

Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel
Ranked #39 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Good rooms with a view of Waikiki beach as well as diamond head. Wonderful location right accruals the street from the beach. Loved the proximity to the ocean as well as the convenience of being close to restaurants and shops. Good place to go if you have kids.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
AA H, General Manager at Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Aloha Neha! Thank you for your review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your Waikiki vacation, and that you appreciated our ideal location and accommodations. It would be a pleasure to welcome your family for another stay again soon. Mahalo!

Reviewed 8 September 2017

My daughter & I stayed there for 4 nights during our visit to Hawii. The rooms are nice but small. That was ok for just the 2 of us. Especially since we were there to do as much as we could & not spend time in the Hotel. We had a room on the side of the Hotel which has a view of a Hotel next to us and a parking garage. Again that was fine because we were there to do as much as we could and that wasn't spend time in the room. It was a great location on the main strip and right across from the beach. It was also very nicely located to the bus stops which we used to get around allot. There is a McDonald's right next to it. There a a restaurant that is connected to it you get a 10% discount if you eat there while staying at the Hotel. The Zoo is in walking distance from the Hotel. So those are all great things and were very helpful to our stay.

But, the staff isn't very knowable. My first night there I brought my itinerary down to the desk and asked if the things I wanted to do i the next few days were within the bus root or would I have to call and Uber to go where I wanted to go. The gentleman didn't really know how far some of the things were from the Hotel. Nor did he know information about the buses or bus roots. I wound up having the cal the bus station & get all of my roots mapped out with them. He also informed me to come down in the morning and talk to their travel desk. So I did an the lady was very rude. I asked her if she could help me same question I asked the man at the desk the night before. She didn't want to help me or answer my questions. She was too interested in trying to sell me tours. I told her I had my 4 days mapped out and everything I was planning on doing was already pre purchased and after I said that she didn't want to help e anymore with anything.

So though the Hotel was nice, conveniently located the staff was to be desired. If I visit Hawaii again I would stay there again, but defiantly wouldn't have much interaction with the staff there.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Galiena28
AA H, Guest Relations Manager at Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Aloha Galiena and thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location near Waikiki Beach and area shops and restaurants, but are sincerely sorry to hear that your interactions with our staff were less than exceptional. We strive to share the warmth of the aloha spirit with our guests, and are disappointed that this was not your experience. Your feedback is very important to us, and we have shared your comments with our leadership team so that the necessary improvements can be made. We look forward to welcoming you back, and hope that you will give us another chance to show you the friendly customer service that you can expect. Mahalo and a hui hou!

Reviewed 28 August 2017

We are returning guests and the reason being that you can't beat value for money in the heart of Waikiki. The staff are super helpful and ensure that your stay is the best it can be. The rooms are super clean and comfortable. A special mention to Kamaki (Skittles) and Naomi ( Goddess) for your continued help and advice during our recent stay with you and for all the laughs. This hotel has the best views of Waikiki Beach and being in the heart of Waikiki everything is in walking distance. We do recommend you take a drive up to the North Shore where the coast meets the mountains. The views are spectacular.

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed 19 August 2017

This is a great hotel located in the hustle and bustle Kalakaua Avenue. Perfect for enjoying Waikiki Beach in the day and Waikiki nightlife in the evening. The staff are friendly and very accommodating. They provide you with beach towels, and there are straw mats, floats, beach chairs, and boogie boards that you can borrow for the day.
The rooms are small but have a good closet space and little desk and fridge area that is a bit separated from the beds. They have a keurig in each room and provide you with as much complimentary coffee and tea as you want. One thing I wish had been different is there is no ice machine, so you have to ask the front desk each time you need an ice bucket. The rooms are very clean and the whole place has a bright ambiance. The hotel is good for people traveling with children. The restaurant at the base, Eggs N Things, gives a 10 percent discount to those staying at the hotel. There is a small parking lot, and if it is filled you can park your car in an alternate lot about two blocks away. The Aston Circle is a great hotel in a prime location that won't break the bank!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank kimberly c
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

A great value very clean and the rooms are big enough for 4 people adults is across the street from the public beach at Waikiki near lots of restaurants and shops they also have parking for 20 a day on property there is a charge of 20 per night to use there beach equipment and towels a very nice experience a great value in Waikiki

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family