Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Michele M
Seattle, Washington

A great resort, that needs more child-friendly restaurants.

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 15 May 2024
It was a wonderful stay. The room was large and comfortable with a nice balcony. The pools were great. We ended up spending most of our time at the resort rather than sightseeing.

I would have given it 5 stars except the restaurants that we went to were not great. Other than pizza, there wasn't much available to go to with the kids, and the food really was not that good.
Date of stay: September 2023
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 16 May 2024
Aloha Michele,
It's always a pleasure hearing from our guests. We're glad our spacious rooms and inviting pools added to your experience. However, we apologize for any disappointment with the food, and we'll keep your comments in mind. Should you be in the area again, please come back to see us.

RM 2,924
    RM 1,157
2.1 km from Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort
View more hotels in Honolulu
19,973 results
All reviews rainbow tower ali tower super pool tapa pool private pool tropics bar hilton hawaiian village round table pizza paradise pool abc store ocean view waikiki beach fireworks show diamond head friday night fireworks lots of shops time share
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 May 2024

I stayed in Waikoloa Village, HI which is located about 20 minutes north of the Kona Airport. I am a single senior male traveling solo …and I would return to Hawaii in a heartbeat. Paradise! Hillside views abound as well as weather in the mid 80s with perfect daily breeze...bit of light rain occasionally too. The Waikoloa Village is very close (3-10 miles) to some of the best beaches in HI. Overall, the island is exceptionally clean (no litter anywhere) and offers a quiet, tranquil, beautiful atmosphere. Places to discover and be entertained is varied and available all across the island. I spent my first 5 days discovering the island and my final days at the beach. Fabulous greenery views with wild turkeys, goats, beautiful birds greeting me daily as I drank my local “Kona Coffee”. The culture and people is noticeably laid back and relaxed... kindly locals and staff informed-helped- cooperated with me at all times. I would return to Waikoloa Village, HI and this paradise known as the big Island HI in a heartbeat. Plenty to see and do!

Room tip: Hawaii is not cheap
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
General Manager, General Manager at Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2024

Aloha,
Nothing makes us happier than hearing about the great experiences our guests have when visiting us, and we want to take this opportunity to thank you for your five-star rating. We're thrilled our serene beach environment exceeded your expectations and allowed you to freely explore the natural beauty of our island. We thank you for your kind words, and we hope to welcome you back for another trip to paradise at Hilton Hawaiian Village.

Reviewed 15 May 2024

I read a lot of the reviews that it felt like living in a huge condo rather than staying at hotel, and now I know what they meant! There's like no service. There's one coffee shop that's on the premises (coffee, like an espresso machine) and the line is always HUGE. I takes 30 minutes to get just a cup of coffee! The maintenance and cleaning services were fine, but that was all. No concierge. If you wanted to ask a simple question you had to wait in another 30 minute line. The restaurants were decent, and yes it is family oriented so be prepared for plenty of screaming kids. They had an adult pool... somewhere, but it wasn't ocean front... so what's the point? On the upside we really enjoyed the umbrella scene on the beach and the fireworks were pretty cool. So all-in-all it was pretty good - I think I'm just used to more of a service-oriented scene.

Date of stay: April 2024
1  Thank Laura W

Aloha Laura,
Thank you for taking a moment to review your recent experience. It was a pleasure having you as our guest, and we appreciate you mentioning our spectacular fireworks show and lively beach. However, we regret that you were not fully satisfied with your visit. Your feedback regarding the aspects of your stay that could have been even better is gratefully received and allows us to continually review and improve guest satisfaction. We hope to welcome you back in the future for a seamless visit worthy of a perfect rating.

Reviewed 13 May 2024

We stayed in the Ali building and had our own pool so no kids and was quiet. Got in the room early by early entry for $75.00 as a member. Booked a couple of months early and when they had a sale gave me the savings. Comfortable and quiet room. Be prepared for the food prices. 2 sandwiches were $31.00 for lunch and we ate them in the room and watched a Astros game. Plenty of pools and space to walk around. Friday Luau is well worth it and do the premium for the extra stuff that comes with the price.

Room tip: Pick your room wisely.
Date of stay: April 2024
1  Thank John T
General Manager, General Manager at Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2024

Aloha John,
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your thoughts. We're glad our quiet rooms and inviting pools impressed you and that you enjoyed the luau. Please come see us again soon at Hilton Hawaiian Village.

Reviewed 10 May 2024

Would avoid unless you enjoy staying in a run down hotel with minimal amenities and pay $70 per night for parking. Absolutely blown away with how dirty this place is considering that it is one of the landmarks here in Honolulu. I guess that’s why they still use historic photos of celebrities from 50+ years ago to promote the resort, if you can even call it that. Honestly felt more like a motel room. When we walked into our room, it did not feel like we were paying to stay at a popular resort in Hawaii. The room was dark and dingy. Carpet is dirty. Bathroom had mold and rust all over the sink and tub. My wife wanted to turn around and go home to be completely honest. I felt dirtier after taking a shower! Housekeeping also forgot to refill the body wash so who knows what else they skip on.

What really surprised me was the lack of sympathy when we asked for house slippers. We were told that they did not have any. I responded by saying how disappointing that was and their response was “a lot of places have changed their guest amenities”. I guess Hilton decided that basic amenities weren’t necessary. Oh well, lesson learned. Won’t be staying here again and will tell everyone we know to avoid at all cost. 0 out of 5 stars

Room tip: Just avoid this place for your own sake
2  Thank Ihateresortfees
General Manager, General Manager at Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2024

Aloha,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip. We're disappointed to learn we fell short of expectations while you were here. Our goal is to provide every guest with pristine accommodations and exceptional service, and we offer our sincere apologies if you received anything short of this. We can assure you that what you have described is not typical of a visit to our property. Nevertheless, we take your comments seriously and will be sure to promptly address them with our team. We appreciate your feedback and wish you safe travels ahead.

Reviewed 10 May 2024

I had a reservation for 2 nights and upon check-in as a Gold Member asked for an upgrade, because I needed a sofa bed. The room was in the Diamond Tower, which was old and completely outdated. The room was musty, and the furniture old and chipped. I was surprised at the condition of the room, since it was costly. We had just traveled for 18 hours before our cruise, so I accepted it.
On check out I saw I was charged an extra $50 per day for this room and questioned it. A manager was called and he said that is the policy. I showed him the info from the website that states if upgrades are available they are approved for Gold members. He said he knows the rules but was unable to show me the proof.
After much haggling he reluctantly refunded my $100.
I had another reservation for the following week, which I immediately cancelled. I went to the Holiday Inn Express and was treated like royalty ( and less costly).
I will be rethinking my Hilton Honors program

3  Thank linda m
General Manager, General Manager at Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2024

Aloha Linda,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We regret to hear about the issues you encountered with your room and the confusion regarding the upgrade charges. Our goal is to provide exceptional service and accommodations to all our guests, especially Gold Members like yourself. We appreciate your feedback and hope to have another opportunity to provide you with the high standard of hospitality you expect and deserve.