“Good hotel”

Aqua Bamboo Waikiki
Ranked #49 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights as part of a holiday to Hawaii. The staff were helpful and friendly throughout the visit. I was travelling on my own, but the staff and hotel allowed me to feel safe and comfortable at all times.
I stayed in 2 rooms over the 4 nights, one which was facing onto a busy road which was noisy, but not overly. The second room I was given was higher and facing a quieter street (with ocean glimpses), I had asked for a higher level room when booking and they accommodated this request.
Location was good, easy walk to the beaches, bus stops, shops and restaurants.
I didn't notice the renovation noise at all, although my first room's balcony was locked as part of the renovation process.
I would recommend this place to others travelling to Waikiki

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing a quiet street, and one that is on a higher level
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
aquabamboo1, Guest Relations Manager at Aqua Bamboo Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2012

Aloha Jo_Australia288,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of the Aqua Bamboo & Spa. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us!

I am very pleased to hear that you felt safe and comfortable here at the Bamboo and that our staff provided you with helpful and friendly service. I am also glad that we were able to better situate you in a more comfortable and quieter room. It’s so great that you found the convenient location of the hotel to bus stops, dining and shopping to benefit you while you were with us.

We truly appreciate your selection of the Aqua Bamboo & Spa and look forward to seeing you back in the years to come!

Reviewed 3 March 2012

I stayed at the Aqua Bamboo in 2011 & 2012. On both occasions, my experience was terrific. The hotel is clean, well appointed, staff are very friendly, helpful and accomodating. The amenities are terrific, pool & spa, complimentary iced tea. The hotel is located close to shops, car hire outlets, tour agents, a bus service right out front, short walk to Waikiki beach. The rooms have a small kitchen which was most suitable for my family needs, though we were so close to all the well known restaurants, we had the choice to eat out or stay in and self cater. I have no hesitation in recommending the Aqua Bamboo Waikiki to any prospective holiday maker - singles, couples or families. The location is terrific! I hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did. We WILL be returning to the Aqua Bamboo on our next Hawaii holiday.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have less traffic noise.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank joanne B

Aloha Joanne B,

We are so thrilled that you found the staff and the hotel to be so accommodating for you on both of your recent trips to Waikiki. We love that the location benefits you being so close to Waikiki Beach, shops, and anything else you need. We are also so happy to hear that you enjoy the complimentary amenities we offer such as apples, newspapers and refreshments in the lobby.

Reviewed 2 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at the aqua bamboo for our honeymoon travelling from Australia. Great location close to the beach and shops. The pool was great after an afternoon of shopping just for a relax. Rooms clean and staff wonderful....

I say this about the staff as on the 7th day of my honeymoon I had an unfortunate accident at Waimea Bay and was dumped by a wave that resulted in a broken back. The staff at aqua bamboo accommodated my husband even though though they were booked out at the time and also my family who travelled over while I was in hospital. One staff member visited me in hopital on behalf of the hotel with fruit, flowers and a card signed by all the staff. Nicole the hotel manager sent food baskets to my husband and family in their room. I can't thank them enough for their support and kindness during this most terrible time. I'm looking forward to one day going back to aqua bamboo and spa to see the people that helped me through a terrible time.

I Also enjoyed the Thursday night cocktail evening around the pool where we had free cocktails and met people from home and around the world!

Love Hawaii and once I'm better I hope to save up and return! (avoiding waimea bay of course ;-)

• Stayed: October 2011
4  Thank Lia32
aquabamboo1, Guest Relations Manager at Aqua Bamboo Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2012

Aloha Lia32,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of the Aqua Bamboo & Spa.

I have to say I will never forget you and your family and I am certainly honored that we were presented with this opportunity to help out. I can’t imagine what you have gone through and it is good to know that the little we could do did made it a bit easier for you and your family after experiencing such a traumatic event. Yes we are running a business, but deep down we are here to take care of our guests so I am pleased that we could accomplish that.

All of us here wish you the very best and hopefully an easy road to recovery. We truly look forward to seeing you back in the years to come!

Reviewed 2 March 2012

I stayed at the Aqua Bamboo for 3 weeks during February. I was most impressed with the hotel staff who were so friendly and helpful. The first room I stayed in was rather noisy because of the renos but they very kindly moved me when space became available. I ended up staying on the 10th floor facing the pool and it was glorious. Nicole and Puna were particularly kind and helpful and I was very grateful for their commitment to finding a suitable room for the rest of my stay. I would highly recommend this hotel as it is very close to the beach but mostly because it felt like a home away from home!

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo

Aloha Dollydeer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of the Aqua Bamboo & Spa. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.
I am very pleased to hear that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful during your stay. We apologize we were unable to provide you with the most comfortable room from the get go, but I am glad that we were able to get you in a comfortable and accommodating room so that you could relax and enjoy your time in Hawaii.

Reviewed 1 March 2012

Fantastical location, room quality and staff. We stayed for 11 nights and loved every minute. By the way the ongoing construction was a nonfactor as it is only during the day on weekdays. In fact we had a small baby with us who naped often during the day and was never woken from the construction. I would stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat. Best value in Waikiki!

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank matthewjvance

Aloha Matthewjvance,

I am glad that you found our hotel to be a great value. It is wonderful to hear that the staff, location and quality were fantastic for you and your family. I am also happy that you, and especially your little one were not bothered by the renovations on the exterior of the building and you were still able to enjoy your stay in Waikiki.