3,550 results
All reviewsfree breakfastwaikiki beachthe breakfast areakimchiyogurtself parkingacross the streettwo blocksocean viewabc storediamond headhonolulu zooevery morningpineapplethird floorsofa bedbeach towels
Reviewed 17 February 2018

Went to Hawaii to celebrate my 45th and my mother's 65th birthdays! I booked the double queen ocean view room and it did not disappoint! The rooms are clean and spacious enough for us 4 adults. The hotel staff was very friendly. The walk to the beach wasn't bad at all. Maybe 2 blocks total. They had one of the best breakfast buffets and it was included with our stay! I have nothing but wonderful things to say about the hotel. My only concern was with a little gift shop in the lobby. The 4 of us went in one morning and spent over $200 between the 4 of us. My daughter purchased a pair of sterling silver earrings. When she went to put them on that evening one of the earrings broke. No big deal, we will go down in the morning and exchange them. You would have thought that would be ok, right? They were only $18 but it was the point she never even got to wear them because they broke. The lady in the shop was so happy to see us back thinking we were going to spend more money until we told her of the issue. Then her demeanor completely changed. She asked "how do I know you got those here?" Ummmmmm...because you just helped us less than 24 hours ago when we bought them? Anyways I left the broken earrings on the counter and walked out. I was on vacation and did not want to waste anymore of my time. That was a real bummer they would treat someone like that. BUT THE HOTEL WAS WONDERFUL!

Stayed: November 2017
1  Thank heidiloney
Blake H, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Hi heidiloney,

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach on your recent visit to Honolulu. We're happy to hear that our team provided you with friendly, helpful service and see you were able to take advantage of our resort fee free amenities, including complimentary breakfast offerings, WiFi, and beach supplies. We've shared your feedback with the team and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

This was my third overnight transit stay at the Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach with two young children.

The first stay we were fortunate to be upgraded to a larger room, which worked perfectly. This time we were in a small room with a king size bed, which I had booked, with a small sea view. This room had extremely sticky dirty carpet. Previously I would have easily given the hotel four stars for a short stay, however the sticky dirty floors in a small room turned me off.

The breakfasts are low quality for the most part, but work again for a short stay. The pineapple is great.

The best aspects to the hotel are that it's a little more modern than others, reasonably priced if you wait for a good deal, and the location is excellent.

The bed was comfortable.

If I were to stay for a longer period I would choose a larger room. That said, I wouldn't stay in Waikiki for an extended period.

One other down side for us was losing my youngest sleeping toy. It was handmade by a friend and I accidentally left it in the cot when we left very early in the morning for our flight. Unfortunately I tried to recover it, but wasn't able to.

I've stuck with four stars because of the location, price (if you get a deal), and relative modernity, but really should be 3.5 for Waikiki.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank KatCR
Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

This is a great hotel the staff are wonderful nothing is a problem and the rooms are really great. It is the perfect Waikiki location, but don't stay for the pool because it is lousy. So use the ocean - the beach is 150 mts away. The pool is near the breakfast area and space feels like a cafeteria but the food is good and the staff attentive and care about their work and their guests .

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Deborah B
Reviewed 11 February 2018

We stayed for one week having come from London for the Hawaii sunshine. The hotel is just back from the beach. Small pool, clean large rooms. Staff very helpful. Main drawback were the lifts, they were so slow and this created queues for them. Sometime we have up and took the stairs but if you were on a high floor that is not an option. Good value when compared to other hotels in Waikiki, which is an expensive place. Free breakfast was welcome addition (not usual in US). 3 star hotel (by UK standards)

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
1  Thank Paul M
Blake H, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Hi Paul M,

Thank you for sharing our review of your experience with us at Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach. The team is glad you enjoyed a comfortable experience and were able to enjoy short walks over to the beach from our convenient location. We hope to continue to serve you when your travels bring you to the island and wish you all the best for 2018!

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

We always stay here in Waikiki. The staff are friendly, the rooms are modern and clean and housekeeping do a great job. Its so easy to wander down for breakfast (included) every morning and just a stroll down the end of the street to the beach. Its usually a bit of a walk to get to one of the restaurants for dinner but that's a great way to justify dessert!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank BrisbaneBeachfan

Hi BrisbaneBeachfan,

Thank you for sharing your review of your experience with us at Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach. We're happy to hear that you've stayed with us on several occasions and received excellent service each time. We appreciate your recommendations to our upcoming guests on our convenient location and our daily complimentary breakfast offerings. The team hopes to welcome you back in the near future and wish you all the best in your travels along the way. Mahalo!