Queen Kapiolani Hotel
Aqua Oasis(Honolulu)
US$160
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa(Honolulu)
US$204
US$259
US$251
US$279
1,598 results
All reviewshonolulu zoodiamond headacross the streetlouvered windowswaikiki beachkapiolani parkquiet end of waikikibell deskpool deckjunior suitean older hotelcity viewcorner roomthird floorvalet parkingbit datedsmall balcony
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Although the hotel is in the middle of a huge renovation my wife and I still enjoyed a great vacation. The staff was as professional as usual ( especially the front desk held down by Jocelyn Vallejos). Even though the restaurant was closed we were given vouchers that allowed us to save a pile of money at a nearby restaurant. In spite of the ongoing construction work the views of Diamond Head and the ocean were just as magnificent as ever! We fave some time to wait but we are counting the days already until we visit "The Queen" once again. Mickey and Bobbie Gentile

Room Tip: Ocean View Junior Suite is our favorite choice
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Blake H, Guest Relations Manager at Queen Kapiolani Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hi Mickey G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your stay with us at Queen Kapiolani Hotel. The team appreciates your feedback on the excellent service you continue to receive from us on each visit. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit to the enhanced Queen K! Mahalo and join us again soon!

Reviewed 23 March 2018

I have stayed here many times and normally love the location and value. This time I bought a three night stay on Groupon so wasn’t aware of renovations, after purchase I saw their website mentioned it. But I had no idea the extent, this is not just a new carpet paint job, I was awoken by saws and jackhammers. There is no restaurant, no pool, not even the lobby is open, and they even charged me an extra resort fee on top of everything, for WiFi, which barely worked. I also reserved a king room, which they said they don’t have. Don’t stay here until renovation is over.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank jimflanagan4
QKHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Queen Kapiolani Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Hi jimflanagan4,

So glad you got a chance to visit with us recently and experience this exciting time, as we work to update the property to bring it up to date with all the best modern amenities. We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused due to you being unaware of the project, and sincerely hope you had an otherwise enjoyable stay.

We invite you to visit with us again once the renovation is complete, and would like to offer a complimentary room category upgrade to ensure you get to experience a renovated room upon your next stay with us. Please message me direct when you are ready to book again.

Thanks again and Aloha!

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Do not stay here!!!
The manager did what he could to compensate for the poor conditions, however it was not sufficient. He returned the resort fee of $30 (a mandatory fee for WiFi and a towel for the beach) but it was not enough.
This hotel is under construction and you will be woken up to saws and drills directly above your room. According to the frontdesk staff it does not matter what room you are in, you will bombarded by the intolerable screeching of construction.
I was woken up early, well before the checkout time of the night I paid for, but they refused to return my money despite the terrible conditions.
The manager tried to convince me it's fair that I don't get a refund since I spent the night there (2:00am until I was horrifically awoken at 8:00am). From 5pm to 8am is not a full day in my books.
It's aggravating that they think they can still run a hospitality business while the entirety of the business is under construction.

BE CAREFUL!!: You might check in when the construction is done for the night. Don't let that fool you!! It will start up early in the morning and ruin your stay!

I booked the room through the app Hotel Tonight. Both of these businesses should be avoided.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank Evan S
QKHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Queen Kapiolani Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Hi Evan S.,

Thank you for taking the time to review and we do apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay with us. We are working very hard to update and refresh the property as we are aware it is in need of upgrades.

We have also been working diligently to be as transparent as possible about the current work being done and the affect on the visitor experience. We apologize if you may have missed this information prior to your arrival.

That being said we have addressed this with the management staff that you may have encountered to ensure that moving forward all guests issues are addressed and resolved in a timely manner and to your satisfaction.

We invite you to join us again on you r next visit to Hawaii and would like to extend a complimentary room category upgrade upon your next visit. Please feel free to message me directly for more details and to help you get the best room possible for your vacation.

Mahalo

Reviewed 14 March 2018

You may find fancier hotels in Hawaii, perhaps bigger properties, maybe those with more amenities, but you won't find a better place to stay in Waikiki than the Queen Kapiolani. It's the people here that make the difference. From the staff in the lobby who check you in, to those who get you your complimentary beach chairs and towels in the morning, to the managers that touch base to see how you're doing throughout your stay, this place is completely focused on customer satisfaction. My husband and I have stayed here multiple times and many staff here have become like family (and the fact that the same people have continued working here through the years speaks volumes about the caliber of facility it is). Overlooking the Honolulu Zoo, this hotel is on the quieter side of Waikiki, offering a welcomed break from, but still in close proximity to, the hustle and bustle of the main Boulevard with its stimulating shops, restaurants and people-watching . The QK is a block from the beach but still provides its own sanctuary from it when you need it. We always choose a high-floor suite on the Diamond Head side of the hotel, There is nothing better than starting your day with a cup of coffee, looking at the volcano, the ocean AND the elephants and flamingos below. The hotel is currently renovating and shaping up to have a more resort-feel to it. It will have an upgraded lobby, restaurant and bar area with a pool and plenty of places to lounge. But no matter how fancy the aesthetics, it will be the people who greet us here that will keep us coming back for years to come.

Room Tip: We recommend zoo-side, high floor. The QK suite, room 1816, has a unique large lanai perfect for relaxing or entertaining.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debra F
Blake H, Guest Relations Manager at Queen Kapiolani Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Hi Debra F,

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed review of your experiences with us at Queen Kapiolani Hotel. We are proud to read that you've enjoyed amazing visits with us complimented by the excellent service of our team. Your recommendations are helpful to our upcoming guests and we look forward to continuing to provide you with many more memorable stays. Join us again soon... Mahalo!

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

Looking forward to stay at this hotel was a disappointing experience.
When we booked the hotel we were not told that hotel was under repairs
We pre booked a top floor room to our astonishment the room was now not available thay were jack hamering
The top floors, no pool was available,
Restaurant wasn't there also. The room was sub standard.
The attitude of the staff was of a who cares nature.
We will never stay there again.
We pay good money to get good service and room not to put up with these conditions.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple