US$179
US$361
US$197
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$281/night.

US$209
  • Breakfast included
The Modern Honolulu(Honolulu)
US$275
US$168
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$197/night.

US$210
Hilton.com
  • Beachfront
Prince Waikiki(Honolulu)
US$309
US$173
US$139
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$157/night.

Pearl Hotel Waikiki(Honolulu)
US$127
US$279
US$419
TrumpHotels.com
5,660 results
All reviewsbeach barthe banyan treerocking chairstower wingbeautiful hoteloldest hotelwaikiki beachheavenly bedolder partoriginal buildingocean viewold hawaiidiamond headnew toweran umbrellaheart of waikikiresort fee
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Old world charm meets modern conveniences in Hawaii. Right on the beachfront and in the thick of things, this hotel is excellent. The beds are a dream!!!

1  Thank Debbie S
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Our 3rd time to Waikiki...and my wife got to choose the hotel this trip. Thru 'Hotwire' (i know, buyer beware) she was able to score a room with "vibrant waikiki ambience"...meaning, "no dear, we aren't facing the beach"....at aprox' $210. (US) per nite. (9 night stay)

However, A Kalakaua-facing room was'nt such a let down in this hotel.

Quite simply....these guys know how to run a hotel effeciently & with class. All thru Canada & the States, I've NEVER seen a hotel pull it off with such dignity & with the guest's comfort in mind.

Everything from the activities-co-ordinator, to the cabana guy on the hotel's beachfront has their act together & can tackle any request with a smile & ease. A rental car was arranged within minutes of our request. Valet parking always had it to the front within 4-5 min of our asking.

The Room? Clean, decorated with style, and the room service was outstanding! Btw, the Surfriders beds are incredible! Hard to leave, & you can't wait to get back in it. Hell, I felt like Brian Wilson.

The old section of the hotel, we were in, is basically in the hotels center. And up at the top are 2 lanai-lounges, which my wife & I were able to have to ourselves on a couple of occasions. These balconies look out over waikiki & the hotel courtyard. With a bottle of wine & soft live music drifting up from below, we enjoyed moolit evenings which seemed dreamlike.

I could rave on, but honestly, if you are in the mid-price range for a waikiki-central, beach hotel....look no further. This is the place!

Room Tip: Rooms in the "old section" meaning the original Moana Surfrider, are the prefered rooms to have.
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank doug m
bdoell, Manager at Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2011

Our Big MAHALO to you for staying at the Moana Surfrider during your recent visit to Waikiki. We appreciate the detail of your experience at the resort. We strive to exceed your expectations and are very happy to hear we did this on your 3rd trip to Waikiki. As you experienced, the ambiance here is tranquil and relaxing - many of our return guests describe the resort's entrance to that of walking into someone’s elegant beachfront estate – offering cozy banquettes and quiet corner niches, gracefully yet unpretentiously decorated with a subtle “beach cottage” feel. Thank you for your gracious compliments and we look forward to welcoming you back on your 4th visit to Waikiki and to the First Lady of Waikiki. Until then Aloha and A Hui Hou (until we see you again).

Reviewed 24 November 2011

Just checked in last night and are here until Monday.

As a SPG member, we thought we would get a better room. Except we are in a very small, noisy, hot, courtyard banyan room for 5 more days.

We came to Hawaii as a treat to ourselves, but this is far from what we were envisioning.
We asked for a tower room with a lanai and were given the bottom of the barrel as far as rooms go. hardly slept due to the noisy room next door. staying home would have been more of a treat.

6  Thank CascadeTraveler2
bdoell, Guest Relations Manager at Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2011

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa. We are sorry to hear the room you had did not meet your expectations and our inability to upgrade your room from our Historic wing to the Tower wing with a lanai. Unfortunately with the extremely high occupancy in the month of November, we were not able to upgrade a number of guests in our loyalty program (SPG) due to sold out room inventory. We certainly will do our best to accommodate guest requests when rooms are available. Again, mahalo for allowing the Moana Surfrider to be part of your recent stay, and we look forward to the possibility of a second opportunity to welcome you back. Until then, Aloha.

Reviewed 23 November 2011

I chose the old wing because I love old hotels and wanted the feel of old Hawaii. The room was small but comfortable, and I got to climb the elegant Victorian stairs every day. The view was breathtaking. The terrace was lovely for tea, and sitting right on the beach was unparalleled.

The staff are friendly. I told them that I could hear music and couldn't sleep all night, but they did not seem able to investigate. I finally found the source myself: a PA that was not turned off at night. The management--Eric Berger and Juria-- was very generous in giving us two nights at another time. I found them to be very responsive even though it would have been easy to ignore my email.

Yes, I'll be back.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2011

We are SPG platinum members and have been for 5 years and so decided to use some points to stay at the Moana on our first visit to Hawaii. We received an upgrade to an ocean front room which was very nice and the room was clean and to the standard I would expect. It did however take 2 phone calls to try to get the feathers removed from my bed. After returning from the beach several hours later when it still wasn't done I just dumped the duvet and pillows outside the door and called housekeeping to collect. Replenishing of shower gel and coffee/milk was also a bit random as was the daily newspaper delivery. We stayed for a week and sometime there were supplies sometimes not.... just not what you expect.
There is a charge for the chairs on the beach which is pretty outrageous in my opinion. The pool guy was pleased to tell us there is a reservation service of pool loungers for people who have been visiting for more then 10 years.... the most ridiculous thing I heard for a while....

The breakfast buffet in the morning was excellent and the ordered items arrived speedily. the only think missing for us Europeans was cold meats and cheeses. But hey I guess you can't have it all !!!

3  Thank An_Expat_Wife
MoanaManagementTeam, Manager at Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2011

Thank you very much for staying at the Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to post a detailed review. First of all, please accept our sincerest apologies for inconsistent housekeeping services you experienced. We truly appreciate the specificity and timeliness of your comments, allowing our Director of Housekeeping Services to address these issues with staffs immediately. Lastly, we are delighted to hear you enjoyed our breakfast offerings at the Veranda oceanfront restaurant. Our culinary team certainly appreciates your suggestion regarding possibly adding cold meats & cheeses to the buffet offerings. Again, mahalo for allowing the Moana Surfrider to be part of your island itinerary, and we look forward to welcoming you back. Until then, Aloha.