5,761 results
All reviews beach bar the banyan tree rocking chairs tower wing beautiful hotel oldest hotel waikiki beach heavenly bed older part original building ocean view old hawaii diamond head new tower an umbrella heart of waikiki resort fee
Reviewed 14 February 2018

Beach front elegance, perfect place to unwind- drink a cocktail, have delicious tuna bar snacks and take in the ambiance and live music. central to everything, you really don't want to leave this hotel unless ofcourse you want to dhop till you drop!

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 13 February 2018

I've stayed at this hotel twice, both instances for business and I enjoy it very much.

1) Customer service is great. I held a meeting in one of their parlor rooms and everything went off without a hitch. Aki and Bob were so friendly and professional. 2) I rented a car and used valet parking, which is by far the easier option and worth the extra money. The staff working the valet stand were consumate professionals; they remembered who I was in no time (I never had to give them my name when returning to the hotel), which was quite amazing since it's constantly busy there. For that, I bought them malasadas from Leonard's as a token of my appreciation. 3) The location cannot be beat. You walk out of the hotel grounds and you have everything right there in front of you.

Cons: 1) I had a room facing the courtyard in the historic wing. I had a bit of an ocean view, but what I didn't anticipate was a live band on a Monday night. I understand very well that many of the hotel guests are there on vacation, but it was surprising to hear a live band on a weeknight. It ended around 10:30pm. 2) This one is more funny than a con, but my room had these very tall windows with a wood bench in front of it. There were these massive, male handprints on the very top of the window. I mean, what is any man doing to leave handprints like that very high up??? 3) My iron died, but Concierge replaced it with a new one. 4) Sometimes it was hard to get someone from Concierge to pick up the phone.

Summary: I thoroughly enjoy staying at the Moana Surfrider. I loved doing some work on the lanai, and everyone is in a great mood. The noise was my biggest concern for this stay, but it won't stop me from staying there again.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 February 2018

After much deliberation, we decided to stay at the Moana for our return trip to Hawaii. We won't be back.

First off, we had reserved a non-ocean room. When we arrived, we were upgraded to one of the Banyan rooms in the old wing. It is very cute - ocean front, rocking chairs overlooking a Juliet balcony, and a great view of the wedding grounds. It is also very small, especially with two double beds. And don't get me started on the bathroom. My dorm bathroom was larger in college. Plus, it was definitely showing signs of wear and tear. To top it all off, the a/c was set not to go below a certain temperature, which meant the room was always a little warm. Combine that with the double bed and we didn't sleep well for three nights.

And, if that wasn't enough, I think every bridal party traipsed through the hotel to have their photos taken, so you were always trying to sidestep brides, grooms, attendants and families. And because of the size of the hotel (and wedding parties) you couldn't get past them. This started at 6 am and went all day. And it isn't like there were a lot of weddings at the hotel - we only saw one wedding in three days and about 87 brides.

Overall too busy, too crowded and too run down. Stay somewhere else for the money. I'm giving it three stars because the room was nice and the service at the bar was good.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christine S
StarwoodWaikiki4, Manager at Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Aloha Christine S,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience with us at the Moana Surfrider. We are saddened to hear that we failed to meet your expectations in numerous areas. We are committed to providing quality service to our guests, so we are certainly not happy when we fail to meet our guest's expectations.

We will be sure your feedback is shared with our team so that we can address the issues you faced. We truly apologize again for the numerous disappointments you faced at our property. I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to regain your confidence.

Me Ke Aloha Pumehana (with warm aloha),
Karen W.
Moana Surfrider, Guest Experience Team

Reviewed 13 February 2018

Rooms are really big, clean and comfortable with great views. We had an interleading room. Pool is small but on the beach and we never had a problem getting chairs at the pool or the beach. Beautiful sunsets to be seen from the bar and delicious cocktails and menu. Excellent location opposite the International shopping centre.

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 13 February 2018

Really enjoyed this hotel. Wonderful guest services, reasonably priced considering it is in the heart of Waikiki. Upgraded to beach club where a nice breakfast and happy hour with beer and wine included. Nicely appointed rooms. Worth getting an ocean view. Housekeeping staff helpful with good service and clean rooms. Welcomed and appreciated by staff at check in. Staff made us feel welcomed and voiced appreciation for being SPG members. Only planned to stay one night but extended our stay because we were so impressed.

Room Tip: Try to get an ocean view.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family