“so so. old and a bit moldy”

Sheraton Princess Kaiulani
Ranked #53 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 March 2012

i would give the hotel a 3 if my room didnt have mold on the walls all my clothes smelled like mold after we left. we got two double beds when asked for a king more than once. the hotel didnt have a wine opener! i had to bring all my wine down to the bartender to open for me. beers and food was pricey. their happy hour was 50 cents off the drinks. thats not happy! most hotels are old in this city but ones needs some tlc. towels were VERY starchy and water pressure was minimal. my shower also screeched at me every time i used it. however staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mouda_12
sheratonpk, Online Marketing Coordinator at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Thank you mouda_12 for sharing your concerns with us. I have just sent a direct message if you could please respond to me personally so that I may follow up with you on this personally. I look forward to your response. We sincerely apologize for the challenges that you have faced and would like to correct this immediately. Mahalo.

Reviewed 8 March 2012

We chose this hotel based on it's location, right in the heart of Waikiki. Check in was fast and they upgraded us for free to a pool view room. I believe this is the oldest wing of the hotel but we had no problems with our room. The room was clean and it had a small lanai that over looked the pool. We had requested 1 king bed but non were available, so we had to settle for 2 doubles. The beds and bedding were very comfortable and the best feature of the room. We actually really enjoyed having our own beds to relax in after long days in the sun!! Sure the hotel is old, but it's very well kept and I didn't see any signs for the horror stories that some people in previous reviews have stated. We rented a car for our entire trip, so the resort fee of $12 per day was actually a good deal since it included parking. I do believe the resort fee has been increased to $18 per day, still not bad if you have a car.

I believe the majority of the bad reviews for this hotel come from people with unrealistic expectations. People have to remember that this is a 3 star hotel. For the price we paid, we were very satisfied with our stay. I know this hotel is not considered a budget property, but if you shop around a bit you should be able to get a good rate like we did. I would recommend this hotel to first time visitors or people on a bit of a budget. The hotel's location can't be beat and it's a lot nicer than some of the other moderate hotels we have stayed at for around the same price range.

Room Tip: Try to request a pool view room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LeTiger13

Aloha LeTiger13 and thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We happy that you enjoyed our location and your accommodations. We recently upgraded all our bed lines and Sheraton Sweet Sleepers, so we are pleased to hear that you found the bedding to be very comfortable and the best feature of the room. Thank you again for your kind comments. We hope to see you back at the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani hotel again soon. Mahalo.

Reviewed 7 March 2012

As a repeat visitor to Waikiki, the Sheraton Princess was a new accommodation experience for me. All major hotels were booked upon our arrival a day early, so we stayed at a "familiar" hotel down the block. We requested early check in, and left our bags and headed to enjoy the sun. On our original booking we had requested 2 double beds, and this had been confirmed in the morning. Alas when we returned at 3pm, our room contained a single king. Michelle, our Front Desk agent suggested a rollaway, as a temporary fix, to which I replied "No". Brian, the Front Desk Manager, met with me, and with Michelle's assistance they ended up giving us 2 single rooms for the price of 1 room. We were both most impressed with the professional way this mistake was rectified.

My friend was put in a smaller room, adjacent to an elevator shaft, which was quite noisy. Understanding the Hotels capacity, we gain asked when a room became available away from the unending noise, would a room switch be possible, again to our delight, the Front Desk crew made this move seamless, while my friend was out- thank you!

The Hotel is very centrally located to the main shopping strip, and very handy to the beach. For both of us, the gym facility is very important, the new equipment, and state of the art cardio equipment was fantastic. I might add, there is a $12 a day resort fee, which includes 2 Bottles of water, coffee, free internet, beach towels, gym, fruit at the beach, and other goodies, that upon review SAVED us a lot of money.

The rooms in the old wing were rather dated, but very clean, and our housekeeper, Belinda was a joy! All said and done, I enjoyed my stay, and both of agreed we will return in the future. Well done, Sheraton Princess team!

Room Tip: Stay away from any of the North side 515, 615, 715, etc in the old wing, as you will hear the elevat...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank SprBaje

Mahalo SprBaje for sharing your great experience with us. We are so pleased to hear that our helpful front desk staff was able to assist you and make you most comfortable. Our centralized location is very popular with our guests so we are happy that you enjoyed it too. We are happy that you found our daily resort charge to be of value and enjoyed the included amenities. Thank you again for your gracious comments. We hope to welcome you back here again soon.

Reviewed 7 March 2012

Upgraded my room upon arrival I was told it would be 250.00 total.A few hours later I saw tax had been added on a separate transaction on my credit card.it was even the card I secured the room with...Also stay away from the food at th Creation polynesion dinner show.Opt for just the show.we had the deluxe package at 116.00 per person food was horrible.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank jmcclain24

Thank you jmcclain24 for your feedback as this will help us to improve. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the refreshments at our Creation, A Polynesian Journey show. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 6 March 2012

Room 379 is a smelly room with wiew and smell of the huge garbage bins in front.

The COZY ROOM WITH CITY WIEW consist of 5 parking floors of the Ohana hotel on the right, 4 floors of parking in front and 10 floors of the rear of the main building on the left side.

The advertised price is false and misleading as they charge you an extorsion fee that is called resort fee on top of your daily cost.

Enjoy

Room Tip: Visit your room before
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank tzimoun

Thank you tzimoun for your comments. We regret to hear that you did not enjoy your accommodations and appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention. We have shared this with our management team and had our engineering managers and housekeeping manager inspect this room. Thank you again.