“Great sushi rolls”

Doraku Sushi Waikiki
Ranked #101 of 2,564 Restaurants in Honolulu
Price range: US$50 - US$50
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Waikiki
Cross street: Seaside Avenue
Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Had a great meal here the other night. The sushi rolls were creative, not your traditional rolls. The price is not bad either. Service was just average but that's ok as the food was so good.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

The eggplant was so good I wish I wudda got 2 orders! The Hamachi carpaccio was outstanding! Next time I'm in waikiki, I'm going again! Service was great too!

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

We have been here a fair few times but will never go back after the treatment we received at the doors by the "kids" on the door tonight.

Reviewed 5 April 2017

Doraku Sushi is one of my favorite sushi spots in Oahu. I know you may think I am crazy, but only in Hawaii can a place in a Mall be this good. Keep in mind the "Mall" also boasts some of the most expensive retailers in the world. Rolls and Sashimi and Sushi are all amazing. The place is a great mix of traditional sushi with trendy upscale modernization. Both family and business colleagues have been my guests at this establishment, and it has never disappointed.

Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

Loved Doraku Sushi! It is located on the 3rd floor in the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center.

I really liked their rooftop dining and the trendy/lounge-y ambiance. It isn't very high, but I enjoyed being outdoors, people watching and enjoying good sushi! We made reservations and thank god we did because this place can get poppin on a Saturday evening!

I felt like I ordered 1 of everything on the menu but what I really enjoyed were their rolls; spicy tuna, sashimi was super fresh, and the snow queen with garlic aioli was really good.

The reason I took 1 star away was because I was excited to try their Butterfish entrée, but I was let down. The flavor just wasn't there and the fish was undercooked. I look forward to eating Butterfish in Hawaii every time I visit, but this time I was really sad I didn't get my craving fulfilled =(

All in all - this place was really good and I will definitely be back!