“Tomato Place”

The Tomato Place
Ranked #3 of 137 Restaurants in Vicksburg
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

One of the most eclectic places you could hope to have the pleasure to lunch in! Fabulous down home food, a huge array of home made sauces, frozen fruit smoothies, and other items of interest (cook book too). Owned and operated by one of Vicksburg earliest family dependents, this is the real deal in Vicksburg! Loved it! Thanks Gillian

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Amazing shrimp po boy sandwich, better than any we had in New Orleans! The smoothies were a refreshing dessert! Loved it!

Reviewed 16 March 2018

Food is excellent, best BLT I have ever had and great fried sweet potatoes. The bread pudding is excellent too. People are so friendly and the place is so much fun. We loved it so much, we went back before we left town.
Love, The two sisters from Texas!

Reviewed 9 March 2018

We stopped here for dinner because it looked interesting and the photos of the food on their website looked delicious. Plus my husband could get a chili dog there.
The first thing we noticed was there was no staff in sight. We weren't sure how to get in but figured it out. We were not greeted and didn't see any staff but another customer told us to go ahead and sit and to order at the counter. We found one menu and shared it. When a waitress finally approached us to ask what we wanted to drink I ordered water. She brought me a bottle and I asked if they had tap water, it's what I usually drink at restaurants. She told me the price was the same for bottled and tap water (yes, they charge for a glass of tap water). My husband ordered a Coke and he was given a can, not glass, no ice.
I was looking forward to having the salmon salad as the photo on their website shows a delicious looking salad with a nice, large piece of grilled salmon on top. What I got was a piece of salmon that was less than half the size of the salmon in the photo on their web site and a salad of wilted lettuce and vegetables swimming in oil. The whole thing was way overloaded with oily dressing. The waitress asked if I'd like garlic bread so I agreed. The "garlic bread" turned out to be a grilled hot dog bun with not even a hint of garlic. I took one bite and left the rest.
My husband ordered the chili dog and it was made with canned chili. The hot dog itself was good and rather large. He also ordered the fries and they were very good.
our waitress was not very friendly and actually rather rude. She brought my food and walked away, without another word while she went behind the counter to chat with the other girl who was working. We waited and waited and I finally asked if she was going to bring my husband's dinner. She told me she'd go get it.
For what we paid we should have gotten a much better quality meal.

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Wow..wow..wow‼️ my favorite place in the world!! The food is great - BLT CANT BE BEAT ANYWHERE!! Thanks for a great experience! Love you guys!