“Great food”

Maplewood Kitchen and Bar
Ranked #7 of 2,031 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

We had 5 people and everyone ordered something different. Everyone was pleased with their meal. The avocado toast was outstanding and everyone enjoyed a taste. I ordered the chopped salad and it was very good. Lots of flavors and crunch. I gave it 4 stars because it would be so much better if you could sit at your table and order your meal instead of waiting in line.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Wonderful avocado Benedict and fantastic green Bloody Mary. Randomly came here on advice from a hotel attendant before leaving. Friendly people, one of the best benedicts ive had in a bit and neat atmosphere.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

Went for brunch on Saturday. The place was crowded, but for a good reason. Great food and quick service. Knowledgeable staff. Good gluten free options

Reviewed 3 July 2017

Breakfast type foods are my favorite but usually not hungry in the morning. Attended an 8:00am business breakfast meeting at Maplewood - and even though I was not hungry - I didn't want to by the odd man out and not order something. So I went light and got the yogurt with granola and fruit. Very tasty. Surprised.
Coffee...good as well. My partner had a breakfast sandwich which he described as fantastic...so there you go.
The atmosphere was also suited to informal business conversation. Noise level was low enough to allow normal conversation. Price: a little high - but typical for trendy little one-off places I guess. Remember - my pricing model is stuck in the 1990s so I don't know what is reasonable anymore.
I'll be back.

1  Thank j z
Reviewed 30 June 2017

Great concept, although probably not great for larger groups. One arrives, grabs a menu, and heads through the line to order. They give you a number, and they THEN seat you ... getting you drinks. The interior was sort of New York bistro meets California bungalo ... nice, current, clean. Food was very good, and in typical huge Midwestern portions.

The thing I noticed is that the acoustic panels seem to do very little to make the place less noisy. I could barely hear anyone on the opposite side of the table. So listen up ... if you forecast a difficult conversation, this place is tailor made for you! Break up? Firing an employee? Any sort of scene brewing? Those will all be absorbed by the din of activity, and you've pre-paid your bill, so feel free to storm out if you need to!