“A wonderful rehearsal dinner event at Venice on Vine!”
Review of Venice on Vine

Venice on Vine
Ranked #817 of 2,019 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 15 October 2015

I understand they generally serve pizza and sandwiches, but for us, the food was special for this special night's dinner. We had a plated chicken dinner with beautiful loaded mashed potatoes, homemade bread, a delicious spring greens and fruit salad with a strawberry?? vinaigrette dressing. There was apple and cherry pie and ice cream for dessert. Venice on Vine, in the Over the Rhine historic area, is backed by a not for profit organization, Power inspires Progress, and created to promote preparing people who need a hand into the work force to be experienced and ready for a new jobs as restaurant staff. The restaurant is run by nuns and Mr. Shannon, the managing director and others very interested in helping others. They share the story of the mission and it is very worthwhile to support them. People are LEARNING! Help them! It was fun and good.

Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

We stopped here just after taking a tour of the over the Rhine area! As soon as we arrived the people here went above and beyond to make sure we had a great time! Pushing tables together outside, fast services, and great food! I would definitely recommend this place to anyone in re area to try!

Reviewed 17 March 2015

I have been here twice and the second time the pizza was better than the first. We had the sausage pizza and enjoyed it very much. It is a great place to give those who are not as fortunate a chance to learn about employment. I feel it is an excellent cause and I am very happy to contribute to make it happen an keep it going. All the employees that we were interacting with were very helpful and the wait service was very good. Parking can be a little tricky, we parked across the street in the ramp for about $3.

Reviewed 6 February 2015 via mobile

Services was slow and unfriendly.
Pizza was just average.
Was also a little pricey.
Nothing special at all here.

Reviewed 11 January 2015 via mobile

I was just passing through Cincinnati for the day. I wanted to get a feel for the local eateries. I researched and knew vine street was a place of some significance but I didn't know what. Honestly I walked into Venice on Vine because it wasn't too busy. I asked the staff what "over the Rhine" meant as some of the businesses had that attached to their names. Soon after my inquiry the owner/manager of the business came out and had a great discussion of the history of the neighborhood. It was a very interesting story. If you are into the rich town history I would definitely stop by the area and ask. I had the sausage hoagie and a coke. The service was great, everything was delivered to me while I engaged in great conversation. I would definitely recommend this place.