“Neat Old Style Irish Pub”

O'Malley's in the Alley
Ranked #234 of 2,074 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 25 July 2016

The alley side of the bar is a blast from the past, old school Irish. There is an outdoor side and patio in the back. Lots of Reds fans here. Dark, Cool, Great Beer. Food looked good, though I did not have any.

Reviewed 21 May 2016

Had a Groupon for O'Malley's so we decided to go for lunch on a Saturday. Walked in the restaurant and it was dark with a few patrons sitting by the bar. Wasn't sure if they were open for food because nobody greeted us and no one was sitting on any table. So, we kept walking through until we were on The Blind Pig side (which I was told by the bartender/waitress was a sister property of O'Malley's and they would gladly take my Groupon).
Again, there were a few patrons sitting by the bar apparently waiting for a Reds game later in the afternoon. One big clue regarding the food was that nobody was having lunch, just drinks. We ordered a grilled cheese sandwich for me and a bbq pork sandwich for my husband. My sandwich could have been cooked longer because the cheeses were still solid, but I was hungry so I ate it anyway. My husband took a few bite of his sandwich until he discovered hair on it. He lost his appetite and decided that it wasn't worth telling our server about it because he needed to get back to his meeting.
Anyway, this establishment is probably the place to be for drinking, especially during or after a Reds game. Beware coming here for food or lunch. Good thing we only paid $10 for the Groupon (not even sure if it was worth it for my sandwich and soda).

Reviewed 14 May 2016

I was wondering around downtown looking for a decent place to grab a pint, and stumbled down a side alley straight into O'Malley's. Great atmosphere for such a small place. Definitely very cozy.

It certainly felt like a locals' hangout, where the typical clientele were a handful of regulars. Everyone in there, maybe a dozen people, all seemed to know the bartenders and often each other. Being an out-of-towner, I maybe felt a little out of place, but the staff was nothing if not friendly.

I typically judge the pubs I visit by their fish 'n' chips. This place didn't have quite that, but the fish sandwich they served was pretty close and fit the bill quite nicely. The "sandwich" bit notwithstanding, it's definite ranks among the better fish 'n' chips I've had.

If I lived around here, I'd likely find myself amongst the motley regulars I saw that night.

Reviewed 6 May 2016

Just as the title says. We went in for dinner, sat down at a table and after 5 minutes of not having anyone even look at us, we got up and walked out. Had a great dinner elsewhere.

Reviewed 21 April 2016 via mobile

Bought a Groupon. The selection of food was limited to sandwiches, burgers, and appetizers like wings.

I had a half-dozen wings, a burger, fries, and a Gin Rickey. The burger was peppery and served on a pretzel bun. The food wasn't bad, but not outstanding. It's like with the spices in the burger they were trying to hard to make it special. My belches the following morning smelled like skunk.

The waitress was "flexible" in helping me fully utilize the value of the Groupon. Otherwise, it would have been hard for just one person to use since the sandwiches average around $10.