“You only live once”

Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 2,046 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Cross street: 7th
Reviewed 28 April 2017

A group of three traveling on business ate at Jeff Ruby's this week. We all knew this place was beyond our government per diem, but we figured you only live once and this is such an icon for Cincinnati. Jeff Ruby's did not let us down. Two of the three of us had steaks, and I had the Ahi Tuna. We shared sides and oysters Rockefeller, which were great. The bacon side was a bit decadent considering all the meat we ordered, but it was so good! The creamed Spinach was also great. Overall, we had a wonderful dinner and checked this one off our bucket list. Great place for a special dinner or special occasion, and you only live once!

Reviewed 26 April 2017

Living in Cincinnati all of my life, this is my favorite restaurant. So I made reservations for my own birthday and let my husband come along. We both had steaks and shared asparagus and mashed potatoes. Everything was incredible as usual. Even the bread is special here - I don't know how they do it! Our server was extremely attentive even though he was somewhat new. Our table was ready as soon as we walked in, even though we were early. We lingered at the table over a free piece of cheesecake and coffee. I love Jeff Ruby's and will return again and again. We took home leftovers - salad, steak, and potatoes. There is simply too much food to finish in one meal.

Reviewed 23 April 2017

The very best by far. Have been to all Jeff Ruby's resteraunts and never had a problem. Service is always tops. Steaks are always the best. We tried a seafood appetizer and it was delish. Crab legs, schrimp, clams. All yummy and super fresh.

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

First time visitor to an iconic Cincinnati restaurant with a old Hollywood glamour feel. Love the live jazz music that permeates from the bar through the restaurant. We were well taken care of by John, Lupe and assistant manager Jordan. Service is impeccable! Steaks cooked perfectly, extensive wine list to choose the perfect accompaniment. Don't miss the butter pie, thanks Jordan for the recommendation. The atmosphere is lively and celebratory, not a stuffy steakhouse. You might even see a celebrity or two.

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

Jeff Ruby's was recommended by nearly every I asked to recommend a steakhouse so the choice was easy.
As I entered I saw the traditional high end decor of the old school steakhouse. Beautiful wood etc.
I sat at the bar which is where I prefer to sit when dining alone. I was promptly greeted by a friendly male bartender who welcomed me and told me there was a cigar patio should I wish to enjoy one after dinner. My order was placed and began with a bowl of lobster bisque which was very good.
At some point the male bartender was replaced by a female bartender who, although the bar was full, spent all her time talking at the opposite end of the bar.
My meal, a veal chop with mushrooms, was delivered behind the bar and the server walked to the bartender and informed her it was there. Her response...to look over her shoulder at it and then return to her conversation.
I waited and waited to see how long it would take her to serve it. At about 4 minutes she was told by staff my food was there to be delivered and she still ignored them. Finally A person at the bar that I did not know cornered a manager and expressed his concern about the bartenders preference for her conversation over her job. The manager went behind the bar, delivered my food and apologized.
This is a very high end restaurant and the food was very good. The quality of the food is the reason for the rating. I hope this bartenders poor performance is the exception because if it is the rule I would find another place to spend nearly $100 for a single meal.

1  Thank dansbfg