“Very Very Ordinary ”

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

Sorrento's is very average pizza place. The service was good but only four couple were in the restaurant. The food was typical of any pizza place. The prices are very high for pizza and sandwiches.
We will not be returning to Sorrento's we have ordinary pizza on our side of town.

Reviewed 10 April 2016 via mobile

A good stop. Since 1956, they ought to know what they're doing and they do. Good NY style pizza. Facility was clean, service was prompt and professional, house salad and pizza were very good. Very pleased, a good stop. I'll be back.

Reviewed 22 January 2016

We went to Sorrentos to get a pre-game pizza and a few drinks before the Xavier-Georgetown basketball game the other night. As we entered we were greeted by Terry aka Tony behind the bar and we took a liking to him at once. He suggested that we try a new version of Wiedemans Beer, which now is a craft beer far away from the days when one could purchase a six pack of it for 99 cents. It was ok but we settled on Moretti, an Italian beer very seldom found on tap. We said we wanted pizza that hopefully resembled NY pizza because I am very particular about pizza. I topld Tony that I have lived in Washington DC for over 40 years, and have yet to find anything close, and that I have never experienced a decent pizza in any part of Ohio. Tony assured me that Sorrentos uses the finest dough made daily by 95 year old matriarch, Momma Santina, who also prepares the sauce each day, and sausage that is bought elsewhere but is one that is unsurpassed by any other. Tony was right on all counts. We ordered the "Bob Huggins" Specialty Pizza" with that famous sausage, pepperoni, onions, and fresh mushrooms. We devoured it in no time and enjoyed engaging with Tony who told us so many interesting stories about his father in law, Willie De Luca, Pete Rose, former Xavier basketball coach, Pete Gillen, and Huggins. Being an avid sports fan, lover of authentic NY style pizza, good cold beer, and old stories I could have stayed there all night. Other members of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful, as well.Although our time there was short lived because we had to get to the game, we thoroughly enjoyed every minute there. It is a no brainer on where we will go when we return to Cincy in May for our son's graduation from Xavier. In fact if I have anything to say on the matter we will be going to Sorrentos Pizzeria every night we're in town.

1  Thank retiredjohn110111
Reviewed 16 January 2016 via mobile

Sorrento's is one of the few places remaining where you are saying to yourself the next day "WHAT A GREAT MEAL. I FEEL GOOD!" It must be because the owners of this family restaurant still shop different stores until they find the quality they want. You can walk in and listen to the staff say things like "look at these tomatoes I bought today. " Wholesome fresh pizza... I can taste and feel it!

Reviewed 27 August 2015 via mobile

The crust is not frozen like LaRosa's. It's made fresh. This is the original sports bar from the 70s when Pete Rose used to hang out here as well as rockstars, sports figures... everyone who played Cincinnati Gardens. Lots of memorabilia and even a softball Hall of Fame. If you like wings with a sticky sauce these are the best. Italian born family still runs the place. Still has a family feel to it. Start with a carry out pizza and will be back to Sorrento