“Nice Anniversary Dinner”

J. Alexander's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
J. Alexander's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #84 of 2,097 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hwy. 71 in Rookwood Commons
Reviewed 21 February 2016

My husband and I planned our anniversary dinner at this restaurant and drove in from Indianapolis. When we arrived at the restaurant, it was a nice warm atmosphere. we chose to come to J Alexander's because we had dinner at the restaurant in Oakbrook, IL and it was one of the most delicious steaks we had ever had. We ordered drinks and the smoked salmon was very good. I ordered the NY strip and NYO mac & chees and my husband had the ribeye and mashed potatoes. The steaks were a little dry but tasty. Didn't have the wow factor like in Oakbrook and not sure if it is the same type of aged beef but it was ok. I would try the crab cakes next time we come as they were awesome in Oakbrook. We finished with the chocolate cake and ice cream. very rich and sweet. overall all it was a nice dinner and good service.

Reviewed 9 February 2016

We visited a J Alexanders back in the summer right after it changed its name to Redlands Grille. At that time, they had changed the menu and the wonderful Thai Kai Salad was off the menu. I was so disappointed! When we stopped in last week, it was back on the menu! It makes a great entree salad. My husband had a burger, which he said was great. My son had the fried shrimp, which he loved as well. It was a nice dinner.

Reviewed 9 February 2016

Great beef, steaks and prime rib. The desserts are very special if you save room for one, we always share. They were recently bought and we were concerned the menu/quality might change. We should not have worried, they are still great!

Reviewed 28 December 2015

Fantastic lunch at a reasonable price. A very short distance from I-71 (downtown Cincinnati). They even opened the door for me when I left!

Reviewed 21 December 2015

I come here once a week for lunch and maybe once a month for dinner. If we lived closer, we would be here more often for dinner.