“Great FIsh And Service”

Hook Fish & Chicken
Ranked #1,093 of 2,019 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Reviewed 15 June 2016

Actually I ate at the one on Colerain but I can't find that one on this site. The person that runs this place is a real restauranter. He is from Jerusalem and he and his brothers provide great food and service. Prices are quite reasonable and I know that you will enjoy it!

Reviewed 13 May 2016

A small place with take out and seating for about 20. I stopped for their $6.99 whiting dinner - 2 pieces of fish, fries and a small cup of slaw. It looked good at first but then I realized the fish was micro thin with lots of breading. Honestly, I didn't think it was possible to slice a filet that thin. On top of that they doused everything with a ton of salt (see photos). I had to wipe the salt off the fries to make them edible. I ended up breaking the breading on the fish apart and scraping out the tiny bits of fish inside. The slaw was fair but 75% of that meal went into the trash. What a waste of $6.99. I can't speak for their other fish or chicken but this fish was by far the worst I ever had. NEVER again.

Reviewed 8 May 2016 via mobile

The food was good, but the service was poor. They were understaffed, the counter server was rude and mumbled, and the service time was poor.

Reviewed 4 February 2016

Withing this past month I have been to 3 functions that all had Hook's large wings as one of the food options. One of those functions I was the one who actually brought the chicken because all my friends really like it and for the price you can't beat it.

Reviewed 7 January 2016

I ate at the Colerain Ave. store. First time trying this place as it just opened a month or so ago. For the $9.99 Cod dinner we got two soggy pieces of white bread, three small strips of fish and about two pounds of french fries. My waistline and my Cardiologist do not approve of this diet. You only get one side with a dinner; fries or coleslaw. If I had ordered the slaw I wonder how much I would have gotten. All I know is next time I want a quick fix of fish I'll be going back to Long John Silvers. They do have an App to order from your phone though.