“Quiet and Convenient Happy Hour!”
Review of Embers

Embers
Reserve with OpenTable
Embers is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 2,123 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Galbraith Road
Reviewed 28 November 2016

Each Holiday season my husband and I take a late afternoon off for gift shopping followed by a quiet and convenient Happy Hour at Ember's. This tradition works for us! After the gifts are purchased we treat each other to a Happy Hour date at Ember's. Ordering the warm crab cakes off the bar menu and enjoying a glass of wine will start your evening off very nicely. We are never disappointed in the service or menu. Well done Ember's. Much continued success to you! Thanks!

Reviewed 21 November 2016

Along Montgomery Road across from the Kenwood Mall, stuffed in between Outback, a gas station and some strip malls, sits the Embers. Its menu prices would make you think that their food would compare to Jeff Ruby's or other high end restaurants in the area. The experience does not compare.

Happy Hour here is good, 4-6pm. $5 glasses of wine, $2.75 Yuenglings and Millers/Coors, a few cocktail specials in the $4.50 range; $1.50 sliders, half-price on some sushi rolls. Our HH bill was $27 for 3 beers and 3 glasses of wine.

Dinner, as I said, entrees range from $29 and up. I ordered scottish salmon ($33), which was a 4 oz. piece, with some cheesy fennel and a few potatoes. My wife ordered the 6 oz. filed with mushroom gnocchi ($36). Her filet was overcooked but she liked the dish overall. We also shared the chopped salad ($7), which was pretty good. And we shared the crème brulee ($9), which was fine, but not worth that price. The food was fine overall, not necessarily worth the $83 dinner bill.

The service was fine, server was quick to read off specials and checkup on us. At comparably-priced restaurants, the servers are quicker to keep your area clean, crumbs brushed off table, etc. Here, service is comparable to what you would receive at Outback. The manager did check up on us as we were finishing. We stayed to chat at our table of 4 for 30+ minutes after our plates were cleared and bill paid, you could see the staff eyeing us to get up and leave.

Overall, decent food but doesn't match the price, I would come back for HH only. There was a lot of older couples there, not many younger at all, which may say something about who the restaurant caters to.

Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

Business dinner after a long day of work...
My filet mignon was great.... juicy and tasty..nothing to say...
Also appetizer... spicy shrimp were good....
I can't give 4 stars since the service, although careful, did some mistake removing cutlery when we were still using it...

Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

Good selection of 1/2 price sushi and discounted appetizers in the bar. Wine and cocktails also reasonably priced until 6. The atmosphere is fun and casual and the service was very good.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

I have been to Embers several times. Without fail, the service and food are outstanding. Because my husband and I like to get a little of everything, we usually split an appetizer, salad, entree and dessert. Rather than treat us like cheapskates for not ordering 2 of each, they thoughtfully split the salad and entree onto 2 plates. The sushi (that we usually get as an appetizer) and the steaks are especially great. This is an expensive restaurant so we usually save a visit for our anniversary or a day when we can get a groupon.