“I really want this place to work”

Molly Malone's Irish Pub
Ranked #1,280 of 2,086 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Price range: US$8 - US$13
Cuisines: American, Irish, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Molly Malone's Pleasant Ridge is a friendly Irish Pub and sports bar that opened it's doors in October 2016. We have sister locations in Covington, KY and two other locations in Louisville, KY. With our selection of 23 taps and a wide variety of canned craft beer, there's sure to be something for everyone's liking. We have daily specials that you can find listed on our website. We offer brunch on Saturdays and Sundays until 1pm, as well as a late night menu on Fridays and Saturdays until 12am. There is stuff to do for all ages! Bring the kids to play in our Kid's Zone. Or, if you like, check out our Billiards table and Foosball table. They are sure to please. We have a wide variety of bourbon, scotch, and whiskey for your choosing as well. Come check us out! We are located in Pleasant Ridge near the corner of Montgomery and Ridge. Stop in for a pint. Cheers!
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Molly's is my local bar so I really want it to work. I was looking forward to sampling their smoked chicken wings this weekend but they were more like cremated. No smoker would produce this effect, I would bet they are grilled. Also, they ran out if Guinnes on a Sunday afternoon! No pub that calls itself Irish would allow that to happen. Come on guys.

Jennifer L, Manager at Molly Malone's Irish Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Hello Jed,

We do smoke our wings but you are correct. They are actually deep fried to bring back up to temperature. It sounds as if they were fried too long. On the beer situation. We recently changed our hours. The delivery did not make it and was a horrific realization Sunday afternoon. Hopefully you had a chance to try one of our other fine crafted Irish Souts such as Murphy’s or our own Mollys Irish Stout. Rest assured we hear you and appreciate the feedback.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

We visited on a Friday evening for dinner and to take in an Irish band. The area where the band plays adjoins part of the outdoor patio when the doors between the two are open. If the music is too loud sitting in the room with the band ask for a table outside where you can still hear the music. Service was pretty good but the place was full and I saw only one server waiting on the entire area. We started out with a large pretzel which was delicious, piping hot, and came with a tangy cheese sauce. The potato skins were served four to an order, were large, and a bit tough. They could have had more "stuff" on them. The ribeye sandwich was okay but could have been soooo much better. It came on regular bagged sandwich bread. I was expecting a nice quality bun. The fries were not hot and just so so. We left most of them. So...I will go back, order the pretzel and try something new.

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

My husband & I were celebrating on a Tuesday & tried this restaurant for the first time. The service was fair and my main complaint about waitstaff is while our server asked if all was well when she set down our meals, we hadn't tried them yet. She didn't check back for quite awhile after we took the first bites & then we had to flag her down (it was not busy when we visited). I ordered a half order of the fish n chips and my guess is the oil wasn't fresh because the steak fries were soggy (though plentiful) & the fish well cooked on the outside but not the inside. The cole slaw was a tiny portion that was more of a condiment than a side dish. My HB got the fish tacos & he was not impressed either. He's a french fries fan but he only accepted one fry from my offering.

The music wasn't Irish but loud 80's rock. We aren't beer drinkers but maybe the food is better after a couple of pints?

Cincinnati can't seem to get a good Irish themed restaurant with staying power.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

Pretty good beer selection. Ruben sandwich excellent. Fries great on my friends plate, not mine! Fish was pretty sad, very tiny portion on the half. Dark brown and a little greasy. That's what you expect to be good at an Irish pub.

Reviewed 13 April 2015

Mixed thoughts on this one. The menu had good variety, the prices were very reasonable, and the service was good, except that my husband ordered regular fries and they brought sweet potato fries instead. I didn't really care for the mushroom sandwich that I ordered but my father in law said the salmon was excellent. The Irish music was pleasant. The parking is limited and it is located on a busy intersection.