“Good Food, Service Nonexistant”

Chinese Imperial Inn
Ranked #702 of 2,061 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 6 September 2015 via mobile

Stopped here on a Saturday Night around 6:30pm. Was surprised that there was only two other tables occupied at the dinner hour. No one was at the front counter and the waitress? was at the back of the dining room. She waved us to the back, handed us menus, and vanished. A little while later, she brought out a small bowl of crispy noodles and a pot of hot tea. She asked if we were ready to order and took the order and vanished again. Not once during our entire visit did she ask if we wanted anything besides the tea to drink. When the food came, it was brought by someone from the kitchen. By now we were the only ones seated; although there were two people waiting for a pickup. I needed some additional sauce, but had to flag down the kitchen guy again since our waitress was now too busy talking to the people up front. Once we finished, we waited and waited for the check until we once again flagged down the kitchen guy again. Thank goodness I had exact change and was able to just leave the check and tip (yes I tipped even though she was terrible; thought maybe the kitchen guy got a cut!). She did not come back to our table once after taking the order! The food is good, but the service is nonexistent.

Reviewed 28 August 2015

the first time I went to this place, it is small, and not too fancy, but, the price and food are very good. service is great, it fell like a family owned restaurant. We order a family dinner, it is very nice.

Reviewed 16 August 2015

Great food and good prices! Nice atmosphere and friendly service. It has quickly become my favorite place to eat.

Reviewed 14 July 2015 via mobile

At dinner time, constant flow of people in and out. Fair carry out business.
Menu selection was good - little different from other local restaurants.
Prices were fair. Serving size was good for take home next day meal.

Reviewed 24 June 2015

Lunch prices here are rather good for the amount of food you get. The taste is pretty on par with other Chinese restaurants I have been to in the area. I usually go just after they open for lunch, and the service isn't too bad, although they only seem to ever have 2 wait staff to cover 15-ish tables and the front so I could see it backing up quickly.

Also, they serve hot tea, which is pretty awesome if you like tea.